GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Rookie

What was the MSRP on the window sticker.
I think it was around 27xxx. But does that mean anything ? I mean to say because there is so much variance from that price I am not very sure about sticker price denoting the real price.

This is my first new car buy. I have bought second hand cars before. So it is a first new car buying experience for me. So I may not have the right perspective.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think it was around 27xxx. But does that mean anything ? I mean to say because there is so much variance from that price I am not very sure about sticker price denoting the real price.

This is my first new car buy. I have bought second hand cars before. So it is a first new car buying experience for me. So I may not have the right perspective.

It's at minimum $27,500. You got $7,500 off at least. You did good.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Thats the most important factor to rate any deal.

Your real discount is around $7000 or 25% off sticker and its a good deal for a base GTI.

Rookie

Thats the most important factor to rate any deal.

Your real discount is around $7000 or 25% off sticker and its a good deal for a base GTI.
Okay. I see . So your point is that sticker price is the maximum price to start the bargaining.
Although I am not very good at bargaining.
I wish there was like a fixed price like how tesla does. That would be much easier to buy.
But anyways. Thanks for your reply.
Now looking forward to get over the break in period so I don't have to baby the car.

besomebody

Hello everyone,

Just bought a 2017 GTI SE with DSG. Sticker was $33,230. I got out the door with $25,657 including dealer fees. Just need to pay sales tax. And will refi quickly due to a high rate of 4.5%.

Wish I could have got a little more off, but I'm happy. Also, wish I could drive the car more but just had an ice storm come through. Keeping her in the garage to stay clean and safe from crazy drivers in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Okay. I see . So your point is that sticker price is the maximum price to start the bargaining.
Although I am not very good at bargaining.
I wish there was like a fixed price like how tesla does. That would be much easier to buy.
But anyways. Thanks for your reply.
Now looking forward to get over the break in period so I don't have to baby the car.

Without the sticker price, no one can have a baseline to rate how good of a deal it is. Life will not be interesting if everyone has a fixed price like Tesla :)

Enjoy your drive!

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Does you VW finance documents say you need to wait for 4 months before paying off the loan. The more you wait, the more money your dealer will make.

Courtesy on my part. I can pay it off, but i choose to help them out, because they helped me out. I can pay 95% of the car off in the first payment and only be charged $10 in interest the next 3-4payments. By paying it off early, i'd screw the 'stealership' out of a $1,000 bonus. ha

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Courtesy on my part. I can pay it off, but i choose to help them out, because they helped me out. I can pay 95% of the car off in the first payment and only be charged $10 in interest the next 3-4payments. By paying it off early, i'd screw the 'stealership' out of a $1,000 bonus. ha
That's the point tho....F the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

If i am not wrong, dealer would get their share from the interest you pay. So if you pay 95% of the loan in your first payment, dealers share would minimal with your next payments. If you really wanted to help them out, you could have paid $500 more in your sale price [emoji106]

Hollow Grind

Plus dealer fees? I'm not sure where you are located at, but when I was shopping for my 2017 GTI SE, a dealer in Denver was marking down 2017 models quite a bit. I decided against driving there and back, though.

7300 discount off msrp of 27870. Would have to pay tax/title/license and 80 doc fee