GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i did get some feedback this morning about the more recent revs, like:

regarding my rev 4 tune:

"to keep your ignition correction in line for cali fuel, i had to remove some boost and add some fuel in higher rpms to play nice with 91 octane, since rev2. But its the cleanest "safest" log by far."

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'm gonna do something real fun. Put my Cobb map on there and make logs. Then I'll do a virtual dyno Cobb vs Bren head to head.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Can you ask for infinite revisions with that brenspeed software? Man they must be losing money on you :laugh: You are really putting them through the paces.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Can you ask for infinite revisions with that brenspeed software? Man they must be losing money on you :laugh: You are really putting them through the paces.

you have a 1 month timeframe. and you can't get different stages for the same price. this $200 is to tune 1 stage to perfection. like if i wanted them to do a stage 2, i'd have to pay again. its a totally different tune.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
he just said rev 4 is just about final, its a completely safe 91 octane tune that i can beat on every day with no worries at all.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Sadly, I just sold my R back to VW. I had the same issue as I did with my Mk6. The seats are hurting my back and sciatica. Too much pressure on the bottom cushion into my sides. And it made it hard to get out of that seat. Ugh. Wish they would put seats like the Passat in it. The ride even in comfort wasn't all that great either. Still a bit rough.

Took a little loss, but they are selling it again for $38,4k. 700 miles. I will just drive my beater for now till I am ready to look again. Next car will definitely be bigger, more comfortable, and somewhat fun as well.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Sadly, I just sold my R back to VW. I had the same issue as I did with my Mk6. The seats are hurting my back and sciatica. Too much pressure on the bottom cushion into my sides. And it made it hard to get out of that seat. Ugh. Wish they would put seats like the Passat in it. The ride even in comfort wasn't all that great either. Still a bit rough.

Took a little loss, but they are selling it again for $38,4k. 700 miles. I will just drive my beater for now till I am ready to look again. Next car will definitely be bigger, more comfortable, and somewhat fun as well.

oh dang... Sorry to hear. You didn't even break it it in:(

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
holy shit

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

How much did they give you for it?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion

NO WAY...that's terrible dude

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

Not sure what I am going to get, but it will be a bigger car no doubt that is fun and more comfortable. Could be American V8 RWD muscle with 4 doors. But it will be at least 6 months before I go through this again, and I won't buy a car without being able to check it out for a while.

List of cars are possible:

2015 Chrysler 300 S or SRT8
2015 Chevy SS
2013-2014 CTS-V if I can find one
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with V8
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited or higher or SRT8
2015 Dodge Charger 392, or if I save longer, Hellcat

Other options:

2016 Nissan Maxima
2015 Kia Optima (loaded)
2016 Passat or CC

There are no BMW, Infiniti, Audi, or Volvo dealers in 200 miles of here. So they are out.