GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my rev 5 log compared to rev 4. rev 5 had a lot more power and i felt it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
as i suspected, and glad it came true like I expected, the rev 5 is a tad too much for 91 octane. they said it was a perfect 93 map if i ever get to use better gas. rev 4 will be my final. I will flash it back to rev 4 now and that's that.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Not the most accurate measurement, but I used the stopwatch on my phone a few times while watching the last video and I was getting ~5.2 for Cobb stock and Bren Revision 4. They seem about equal.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Not the most accurate measurement, but I used the stopwatch on my phone a few times while watching the last video and I was getting ~5.2 for Cobb stock and Bren Revision 4. They seem about equal.

it seems close.. until you see the virtual dyno.

what is strange is how the stock tune starts higher and ends higher than the Bren tune.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

and neither was even close to that in reality, i have timed them before. the best i usually get is 5.8/5.9. its hard to time the start because of the high revs and the moment you start slipping the clutch.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

So I thought you had to "unmarry" the Cobb tuner from your WRX to be able to use it on the Forester/another vehicle?

Or did you have to pay extra to be able to access both vehicles now, or did you just temporarily unlock it from the WRX to try on the Forester? For a fee or is that free??

And then do you have to pay to have it go back to the WRX? :iono:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
So I thought you had to "unmarry" the Cobb tuner from your WRX to be able to use it on the Forester/another vehicle?

Or did you have to pay extra to be able to access both vehicles now, or did you just temporarily unlock it from the WRX to try on the Forester? For a fee or is that free??

And then do you have to pay to have it go back to the WRX? :iono:

doesnt cost anything. you can put it on any one car that you want, any time you want.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
checking in to see if the WRX is still around

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
doesnt cost anything. you can put it on any one car that you want, any time you want.

Ahhh. But only one vehicle can have a tune at a time though, right? (with 1 accessport)
Since you said this before:

hell no. i'd have to buy another accessport and bren tune. = $800 worth.

If true, I guess I don't understand what prevents you from uploading the Cobb/Bren tune to both cars?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
If true, I guess I don't understand what prevents you from uploading the Cobb/Bren tune to both cars?

because you install it on a car first. then you can flash the tune. if you go to another car, it will say it is already installed on the first car. you would have to first uninstall it from the first car, then you could install it on the 2nd car.