GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teslas are fast...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I like them, There is a new dealer by my area. Still they pack decent punch.:thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Boosted.. you delete a lot of posts, lol.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

This message has been deleted by BoostedVW11. Reason: no pizza in reach

Krog29

Ready to race!
Oh they also like to catch fire too!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
One thing that its missing... A gorgeous engine note. Can't replicate that. Also I wouldn't have too much peace of mind while driving something that has a load of lead acid batteries on board...

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Eh they are nice looking cars but ill race any of them from San Francisco to LA win every time. Still takes less time to fill my car with gas and it gives me more range. Not to mention if I was driving my TDI. SF to LA on one tank with 2+ gallons to spare.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
Oh they also like to catch fire too!

it was determined in those accidents that the batteries were punctured by debris on the road and that the vehicles were safe and kept the fire away from the cabin like the cars were designed to do.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Eh they are nice looking cars but ill race any of them from San Francisco to LA win every time. Still takes less time to fill my car with gas and it gives me more range. Not to mention if I was driving my TDI. SF to LA on one tank with 2+ gallons to spare.

For me a Tesla would be perfect. I drive about 150 miles at most a day, there are chargers at school (I get a better parking space too), the movie theater, the mall, etc. The charging would actually save me time because I won't be waiting around the gas pumps for my tank to fill up. You get home, plug it in, unplug it in the morning, and drive away. SA to Austin is only 80 miles for me, so I could do a round trip on one charge.

The race car is gasoline powered and makes beautiful noises of course.

Btw, 3 Teslas caught fire. That's not much of a data set, but in the distance all Teslas have traveled 4 times as many gasoline vehicles caught fire.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-27/musk-s-fire-numbers-are-a-stretch-but-teslas-are-safe.html

Last edited: