GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk me in or out of a JB4 unit for an IS20 swap.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
I just picked up a CTS catless DP this weekend. Can't wait to install all of this stuff!!

If I can run a mid-low 13 1/4 mile with my slushbox wagon I'll be happy!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Do you think JB4 Will be able to do is38 in the future? Maybe with low press fuel pump upgrade and/or GTI injectors.

I just sent a set of GTI injectors to someone local to me to test and will know more in this regard once it is done. IF the trims drop rapidly I will send him a IS38 as well then we will have a bit of a idea.
The high pressure pump based on the two stacked IS38 cars seems to be dropping pressure at high rpm but this is at decent enough power. Its possibly the low pressure pump not keeping up.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I just sent a set of GTI injectors to someone local to me to test and will know more in this regard once it is done. IF the trims drop rapidly I will send him a IS38 as well then we will have a bit of a idea.
The high pressure pump based on the two stacked IS38 cars seems to be dropping pressure at high rpm but this is at decent enough power. Its possibly the low pressure pump not keeping up.

George, you can send me injectors and/or and IS38 to test out in the NA cars. I'll be glad to help!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
How are gti's with is38 doing with using just a JB4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Downhill in 20* weather.

LOL. Flat ground 80* weather. Heat soaks pretty quick though. Needs an intercooler next.

I posted a log of my run at the strip as well. The IAT's were between 102* to 122*(ambient temp that day happened to be 83*) for that run with that time slip. This car runs noticeably faster when IAT's stay below 100*. I have no doubt I could break into high 12's with an IAT under 100* as it sits right now but that would require low 70's ambient temps. Or I could just add an intercooler.

Last edited:

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Some GTI and Golf R boys just don't understand the pure power and joy of the modified 1.8. It causes gluteal contusions and associated nurve disruption. Colloquially known as butthurt.

LOL. Yes, I was trying to stay civil when I responded, but I have seen his posts in other threads and figured as much.

BTW, I figured that it must really sting when they realize how much they spent vs. how much we spent. Not so much the GTI's as you can get pretty good deals on them but the Golf R :eek: $40k+, and to think I almost bought the Golf R. LOL, needless to say I am happy that I made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty awesome on stage 2 or 3, but I can do a lot with that extra $18k.

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
LOL. Yes, I was trying to stay civil when I responded, but I have seen his posts in other threads and figured as much.

BTW, I figured that it must really sting when they realize how much they spent vs. how much we spent. Not so much the GTI's as you can get pretty good deals on them but the Golf R :eek: $40k+, and to think I almost bought the Golf R. LOL, needless to say I am happy that I made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty awesome on stage 2 or 3, but I can do a lot with that extra $18k.

I've played around with 2 different stock Golf Rs as well as a stock Evo X. I was able to start pulling away on all three of them. I'm still on the IS12 and all three times have been on just my 93 octane setting. I'm sure on e30 it would be a few car lengths. The funniest part is how butt hurt they get. The Evo braked when I was able to catch up and get along side of him. With the last Golf R, we were playing around on the highway some between open breaks. When he got a large opening, he thought he was going to take off. I just caught right up on his ass and then he wouldn't play after that

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I've played around with 2 different stock Golf Rs as well as a stock Evo X. I was able to start pulling away on all three of them. I'm still on the IS12 and all three times have been on just my 93 octane setting. I'm sure on e30 it would be a few car lengths. The funniest part is how butt hurt they get. The Evo braked when I was able to catch up and get along side of him. With the last Golf R, we were playing around on the highway some between open breaks. When he got a large opening, he thought he was going to take off. I just caught right up on his ass and then he wouldn't play after that

I get the same response from mustangs and anything with a hemi in it. Lol. For some reason, nobody likes being beaten by a VW Wagon. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk