GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified R Tuning Info and Help Thread

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Everyone, we try and reach customers in a variety of ways to answer questions but social media and messages often end up in the black hole of the internet. The beauty of forums is that they are much more searchable and the information has staying power. I wanted to create this thread that I will monitor and answer any questions regarding our tuning, parts, setup, etc.

In terms of our main squeeze dev car, it's a well loved and well used 2016 R. And thanks to MPI the valves are still staying pretty clean at 70k miles.

DSC_2093.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1466.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
As you may know COBB recently released flex fuel support for the MQB GTI and R (and a drop in kit).

You don't need to use their kit, you can wire in your own sensor like in the car below. This car has an OG BOSS500 (GTX2867), MPI and flex which I tuned up to around E60.

Reverse tapered the boost curve to keep torque as flat as possible and the turbo breathed nicely up top.

Flex works, just wanted to show it in action - and the 2 graphs are E12 (lower) and E60 (higher).

Attachments

• E60 vs E12 Dyno Result (Large).png
    E60 vs E12 Dyno Result (Large).png
    282 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_2037 (Large).JPG
    DSC_2037 (Large).JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_2030 (Large).JPG
    DSC_2030 (Large).JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_2020 (Large).JPG
    DSC_2020 (Large).JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_2016 (Large).JPG
    DSC_2016 (Large).JPG
    458.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_2014 (Large).JPG
    DSC_2014 (Large).JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 75

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
What hardware and software do I need to run E85 flex fuel in my MK7 R?

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
What hardware and software do I need to run E85 flex fuel in my MK7 R?

This Flex kit and a tune if you have a COBB AP already. Past IS38 turbo size I recommend considering MPI due to ethanol needing to deliver more fuel to achieve target air fuel ratios. E85 for example needs about 30% more fuel delivery. E30 - 10% more.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=332_259_299&products_id=1159

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=332_259_261&products_id=726

Does anyone make add-on MPI that will work with stock or stage 1 tunes?

Absolutely, we can dial MPI for you via a protune.

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=332_259_261&products_id=726

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
DSC_4163 (Large).JPGDyno 1.pngDyno 2.png

Here's another interesting finding while tuning this S3 on Cobb Tuning Flex Fuel

This car is fully bolted with MPI and running a PMax GT2260s turbo.

This S3 is also the highest power PMax car (469/469) we've had the pleasure of tuning on our dyno (and we have tuned quite a few of them).

I tuned this car back when it was 20 degrees F warmer and BEFORE flex ... BUUUT perhaps more importantly BEFORE he installed the MK8 PCV system with the Tiguan turbo inlet venturi which has been tested by Data Driven MQB.

It picked up power - even on the pump gas tune (see second chart). It picked up that power across the entire RPM range at the same boost, timing, and fueling levels. With nothing else changed. Combine that with the stellar E50 results and this is pointing to perhaps lower crankcase pressure being the reason for the power gain.

Looking forward to more data to confirm this. For now, Jordan the customer I am sure is enjoying his Flex S3 which has a pretty killer combo in terms of both spool and top end power if you ask me.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Another Flex build, this time with an HPA FR500 turbo.

Tuned this car on the IS38 turbo originally (the plot is with E50 fuel) so it gives you perspective on what you gain up top with the hybrid compared to what the spool penalty is. The turbo is on the larger side of hybrids with spool just north of 3500 in 4th and the top end shows the tradeoff between spool and flow where it continues making power up top.

The second plot is the pump vs E50 tune on flex on the FR500

The car has MPI and an upgraded LPFP along with the Flex sensor setup.

DSC_2041 (Large).JPG

Tristan dyno 2.png

Tristan dyno 1.png