GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Bend Stage 3 Endurance with APR Stage II Review

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
hmm.. did not know they made both. I was under the impression it was catted.
I have the box at home but the invoice says this only: CAST DOWNPIPE APR 2WD APR

I will check tonight for sure and revert back

Ok it has a cat. It is possible that the o2 bung position was reversed on the install. You want to make sure you placed it behind the cat.

LAGTI

I'm glad to hear the positive news about the southbend. I too have been on the fence, Believe you just pushed me off :). I'm looking at the Stage 2 or Stage 3 Daily. My question is there any drivability differences to be expected with the Stage 3 Daily Vs the Stage 2? ie increased pedal effort etc.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I do have increased pedal effort but now engagement is changing. On day one I only felt clutch effort for about 1/2 of the way from the floor up and then nothing. Now on day 3 I feel resistance all the way trough and it's not as stiff. Also take offs are much easier now as well as the engagement point has seemed to have expanded a bit. I love the feel of it I just can't wait to be able floor it

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Stage 3 endurance is overkill but it can handle stage 3 + if I ever wanted to go there.. It was a free upgarde so not complaining at all

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All, one of the board forum members reach out to me to come and feel the clutch as they are also considering getting a new clutch. Hopefully he will add a comment himself but he could not hear much chatter and I do not think there was any NVH.
The clutch is still breaking in now with 250 miles on it but now I've started flooring 2nd and third. I am really impressed with this clutch thus far especially after all the bad rep south bend was getting on the forum. I would highly recommend this set up. Engagement is still stiff a bit at this point. I would say its about almost twice has hard as stock.. since stock felt like nothing to me...