GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So what OEM tyres is your Mk7 being fitted with a the factory ?

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Just checked the car i'm picking up tomorrow, seems that these are 225/45 r17 91w Dunlop Sport Maxx RT.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like the tire fitting section of the production line is run on the "eeney-meeney-miney-mo" principle at Volkswagen :confused:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
So be honest - I think they ought to offer tyre selection as part of the ordering process.

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
I reckon they should too. I am happy with the Dunlop EU ratings but if I could have chosen from a selection based on noise, grip and fuel economy, that would have been cool!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure they are, but I still don't like the idea. If I'm forking out for a German car, I want European tyres.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure they are, but I still don't like the idea. If I'm forking out for a German car, I want European tyres.

I suspect VW get the Hankooks from the Hungarian plant.

Plenty of the VW parts originate from Hungary I notice.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps it's a combination of snobbery/xenophobia on my part - I don't really know.

To me good tyres means Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, Dunlop, Bridgestone etc. - I have no idea about Hankook tyres, there's just something in me ringing alarm bells - call me stupid, but I'm a cantankerous old fart who knows what he likes and likes what he knows.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Picked up my SE today and its fitted with Continental tyres - "ContiPremiumContact 5"

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Yes mate, just the standard 16" Toronto alloys.