GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So what OEM tyres is your Mk7 being fitted with a the factory ?

Doden

Ready to race!
Pirelli P7 delivered June 3 UK
First impressions of car fantastic, but not as quiet as reviews seem to indicate. Seems to be road noise, don't know whether this is tyre related.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I was discussing this with my dealer today as we ordered our Mk.7 SE 1.4TSi DSG on Friday. Most of the Golfs being delivered to date in this area are either Pirellis or Continentals.

Please, please don't send mine with Hankooks - please!

The brehon

I was discussing this with my dealer today as we ordered our Mk.7 SE 1.4TSi DSG on Friday. Most of the Golfs being delivered to date in this area are either Pirellis or Continentals.

Please, please don't send mine with Hankooks - please!

I will have a major strop with the dealer if Mk.7 SE 1.4TSi DSG arrives with Hankooks. Have a set of Michelin energy savers on my Mk.5

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I will have a major strop with the dealer if Mk.7 SE 1.4TSi DSG arrives with Hankooks. Have a set of Michelin energy savers on my Mk.5

You and me both. I have Bridgestone Turanzas on my Mk.6 - they're OK but wouldn't be my choice.

I'd go for Michelin, Continental or Pirelli by choice, but a friend who bought his Mk.6 in July last year has Hankooks on his and I have heard of them being fitted to new VWs more recently.

Sounds like we both have the same spec on order, It'll be interesting to see what boots they come with. I've already intimated to my dealer that if it were to turn up with Hankooks that I'll expect him to change them.

burso

Ready to race!
you're lucky you didn't get Bridgestone Turanzas. Getting them is my nightmare, hope it's not gonna happen. I'll take anything but them.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Hankooks for me also, would have preferred Michelins :cool:

you're lucky you didn't get Bridgestone Turanzas. Getting them is my nightmare, hope it's not gonna happen. I'll take anything but them.

I have Turanzas on my current Mk.6 - they wouldn't be my tyre of choice but there has to be worse. I dread my Mk.7 arriving with Hankooks, I've already told my dealer that I really don't want the Korean tyres - hoping for Michelin or Pirelli, but I guess it's a lottery.

What do you dislike so much about Turanzas?

burso

Ready to race!
My experience with Bridgestone Turanza was negative in terms of roadnoise and wear. I would much prefer Pirelli or Dunlop. But as you said, it is a lottery and everyone's individual preference. I will drive with what comes in, I am not going to discuss with the dealer.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Interesting - I've not noticed and adverse wear, but my Turanzas are certainly a bit noisier than I'd have wanted.