GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Pucks Still Installed (Angry)

ghost_03

Ready to race!
Stopped at the dealer today and chatted with the sales manager. They were very apologetic about it and will make sure it doesn't happen again. From their reaction I think I could've gotten them to check it out etc. but they were on there so little (<100 miles) and I'm planning on lowering anyway I can't say I'm worried. Next person might not have the same situation though so I'm glad I stopped.

They also thanked me for being chill about it lol. The next time I need a service loaner or something I think I'll be OK :).

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
To be fair, I mostly blame the dealership folks in charge of PDI. I live in VWoA's backyard, so it's embarassing to have this kind of oversight still happen right under their noses.

I agree it's mostly on the dealers hands. But I mean the uppers should be regulating this better

mickR

Ready to race!
Can't believe you guys in the USA let dealers off so easily, my friend got in the region of £650 in complimentary servicing and quality shopping vouchers. If not picked up on the pucks can wreck suspension, how long before a fatality? Also if I purchased a used Golf I would check that the pucks are not still in place.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I took delivery of my '17 last night. I just thought the car rode stiff until I pulled into my driveway this afternoon and felt the car bottom out. Took a look and sure enough they're in there.

I would say it's not entirely obvious at first, but once you hit a pothole, speed bump, etc., it's fairly obvious. If you have smooth roads or avoid obstacles diligently it might not be so noticeable.

I remember this being an issue in the MKV days but it seems to be more prevalent now. I wonder if they sit higher up in the strut when they are pulled off the truck and techs don't see them?

One can tell they are in by looking at cars still with them in.
We can see pictures on the forum new owners have taken and tell they are higher than normal. Unless they are from certain countries that have rough road suspension set up.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Can't believe you guys in the USA let dealers off so easily, my friend got in the region of £650 in complimentary servicing and quality shopping vouchers. If not picked up on the pucks can wreck suspension, how long before a fatality? Also if I purchased a used Golf I would check that the pucks are not still in place.
This is pretty much spot on why I said you MUST let the dealership know about this.

ghost_03

Ready to race!
This is pretty much spot on why I said you MUST let the dealership know about this.

I'm glad you did. After talking to them in person I really don't think they will mess it up again.

Sandman GTI said:
One can tell they are in by looking at cars still with them in.
We can see pictures on the forum new owners have taken and tell they are higher than normal. Unless they are from certain countries that have rough road suspension set up.

My gf--who notices details more than I--mentioned on the test drive that it was sitting rather high. I told her it was fine I would lower it shortly, but I now realize she had picked up on something wrong before me! :D

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm glad you did. After talking to them in person I really don't think they will mess it up again.

My gf--who notices details more than I--mentioned on the test drive that it was sitting rather high. I told her it was fine I would lower it shortly, but I now realize she had picked up on something wrong before me! :D

Smart young lady.
Keep her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slypete

Hi guys, I picked up a new GTI yesterday, and I came across this thread, so I jacked up the car to check. There’s nothing right at the bottom of the boot, but I put my phone in and took these pics. If they are shipping pucks, they are really high up. Does anyone know if these orange things are pucks? Or is it supposed to look like that?

Thanks! Pete

Attachments

• 5D7EDD28-FC0B-4F9A-8CBA-EBB8E24EFA7C.jpeg
    5D7EDD28-FC0B-4F9A-8CBA-EBB8E24EFA7C.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 6DB98C9E-CBDA-4450-AB4B-ED8328B97B1C.jpeg
    6DB98C9E-CBDA-4450-AB4B-ED8328B97B1C.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 116