GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Pucks Still Installed (Angry)

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
lmfao this thread is to pucking much :D:D:D
you think volkswagen woulda pucking learned by now not to leave the damn pucks in

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I can understand why the pucks are installed in the first place, I imagine cars could get jostled a bit whne transported especially once the ship is at sea, but don't understand why they would only fitted to the front shocks....

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
they are fitted to make them easier to load and unload to the trucks not to make them stiffer on a boat. my buddy drives car carriers and some of the ramps arent the mellow ist of drops haha.. this makes it so they dont scrape up the front end

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I can understand why the pucks are installed in the first place, I imagine cars could get jostled a bit whne transported especially once the ship is at sea, but don't understand why they would only fitted to the front shocks....
Think some misread my post, don't worry I do it all the time :). Think most current & soon-to-be owners would squirm if they saw some of the videos on Youtube of car carriers bucking & riding (surfing ?) some 'serious' seas :eek:....

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
i mean they are called transport pucks lol so i guess it means for all the transporting

COSturmWolke

Ready to race!
They are used to reduce front suspension movement during transportation. They should be removed during PDI, but for some stupid reason this seems like a huge miss with some places.

For anyone taking a new delivery I'd recommend requesting the shipping pucks be placed in a bag on the front seat so that you know they've been removed.

This is a great idea.

Shagustus

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep, I just bought my 16 GTI SE a month ago. I started hearing the front end "clunk" about 10 days ago when I went over a speed hump at low speed. Looks like mine is riding a bit high. I have an appointment at the dealership coming up in a few days. I am praying no damage was done. Wonder if I can get some comp for my trouble! (First world problems... LOL)

ReflexxMK7

Ready to race!
Puck this already! I had two per side after delivery and VWoA didn't even bat an eye when I mentioned it to them. I assume the knucklehead who did prep probably found the first one and didn't realize the other two were in there on each side. Morons.

Shagustus

Passed Driver's Ed
Update... pucks!!!!! Grrrrr!

Yep, I just bought my 16 GTI SE a month ago. I started hearing the front end "clunk" about 10 days ago when I went over a speed hump at low speed. Looks like mine is riding a bit high. I have an appointment at the dealership coming up in a few days. I am praying no damage was done. Wonder if I can get some comp for my trouble! (First world problems... LOL)

A little update... Jacked the car up this morning, and found 3 pucks on each side of the car. Total BS!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Glad you found them.
Hope no damage.

If the dealer did not make a big deal over it I would be tempted to play it up.
"Oh you did not find anything wrong? We'll going up left hand incline turns I hear a thumping noise. I think the shipping pucks did the damage. Oh, you still did not find anything. We'll I still have the problem and now I hear it on right hand turns.
(I think I need the front suspension replaced).
You do not agree?
I think we need to talk to VWoA about what damage shipping pucks being left in by dealer can cause.

Last edited: