GOLFMKV

Sewn on Steering Wheel Leather cover

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
How much did that shop charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

PM them on the fb link I listed and ask. This isn't my car, They are locals in Chicago, I've seen their work in person and it's night and day better than the folks who've attempted to do it themselves. As seen in some unfortunates post above :)

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
PM them on the fb link I listed and ask. This isn't my car, They are locals in Chicago, I've seen their work in person and it's night and day better than the folks who've attempted to do it themselves. As seen in some unfortunates post above :)

Lol. Cool, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
This is how it's done....

Check https://www.facebook.com/TAWCHICAGO/

That looks a lot like the Bak wheel, are they reselling that?
https://www.bakperformance.com/blank-rwrlr/mk7-carbon-fiber-steering-wheel

edit: Just realized their different and doing their own custom steering wheels. Very nice and cheaper than Bak. Definitely going to start saving up for this one i think.

Anyone know the part # for the steering wheel trims? or is it easy to move them over?

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I did re-sew it. I respect opinions here. I happen to love it, and it cost $12.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
$750 for a MK7 DSG wheel. They are gorgeous, but wow that's steep.

The better part of that is the $750 wheel (which i don't consider unreasonable for custom c/f work) but the 30 dollar bolt on paddles slay me. Like come on, if you're gonna spring for ballin as hell setup, spring for some s2t paddles.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Not bad stuff on that site. Im excited for 4-5 years form now when my steering wheel cover is haggered . Will definitely opt for a wrap! THX for the inspiratoin =D

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I absolutely LOVE that wheel, but $750-850 is a lot of coin for something like that. One day though........

I agree. If it was more in the $500 range all in then I'd consider it. Still, to me, the steering wheel is one of the most important parts of the car. Its what you touch most of the time. A nice steering wheel can enhance the DD experience sooo much. I'd take it over other expensive cosmetic mods people do all day (body kits, spoilers, carbon fiber bits, etc).

Good thing is the stock gti steering wheel is pretty nice as it. Bad thing is imo the leather isn't really durable compared to others. Mine already has a few nicks on it despite me being really careful. I'm gonna try and see if VW will replace it before the bumper to bumper expires but if not then I will be eyeing this mod more.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I'll probably get one eventually. They look incredible.....