GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
I've heard that there's been limited success in tuning these swaps on the RS3 ECU. The two dynos I saw were from this car and Tommyfyeah, neither of which got out of the mid 400s to the wheel. Thought OP was going to syvecs but wouldn't be surprised if the car is sitting in a giant queue at Iroz or ISC.
That was a stock RS3 bro what were u expecting........ 400 hp is what thy make. There is no issue tuning these especially with the stock computer so stop talking out of ur ass. Its a stock RS3 computer. There has been 5 other RS3 swaps since mine and all run flawless. If u dont put a hybrid on it and build ur motor it will make the same power an RS3 will make.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yea sorry fellas the car is going out to Cali with the owner of Innovative Motorsprots as he has taken a job at EQT. I am still waiting on a couple CF parts but should be here within a month.

Nice thing is EQT has in house tuning for the Syvex plus Alex will have a lot of smart ppl like himself working on it so I feel this will work out even better. Looking at spring time to finish up. Still have to fab up custom IC, exhaust and cold air kit which will be Titanium. Its getting there.......
What core are you going with for your IC?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
That was a stock RS3 bro what were u expecting........ 400 hp is what thy make. There is no issue tuning these especially with the stock computer so stop talking out of ur ass. Its a stock RS3 computer. There has been 5 other RS3 swaps since mine and all run flawless. If u dont put a hybrid on it and build ur motor it will make the same power an RS3 will make.
it was a stock RS3... with a custom downpipe, big-ass front mount, inlet pipe, and a tune. Not saying they don't run well, but they're not making power.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yea sorry fellas the car is going out to Cali with the owner of Innovative Motorsprots as he has taken a job at EQT. I am still waiting on a couple CF parts but should be here within a month.

Nice thing is EQT has in house tuning for the Syvex plus Alex will have a lot of smart ppl like himself working on it so I feel this will work out even better. Looking at spring time to finish up. Still have to fab up custom IC, exhaust and cold air kit which will be Titanium. Its getting there.......

This is really great news. I am pretty excited to see EQT partnering with other heavy hitters like Innovative. Selfishly, a little bummed though - I was looking forward to having Innovative do a V8 TDI swap in my 7P Treg. Not sure there’s anyone else I’d trust.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
it was a stock RS3... with a custom downpipe, big-ass front mount, inlet pipe, and a tune. Not saying they don't run well, but they're not making power.
So ur saying an RS3 is slow.... Got it.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
There are people having a tough time making power and dealing with UM. There is a source that is working on making power for those customers.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Have you looked into the fmic that is sold by DBV2? I bought one for my build and the core is rated to handle 1000 hp so it might be good enough for your build but since DBV2 is a direct competitor for EQT I'm sure they will say it won't work for you.

https://www.dbv2.com/collections/volkswagen/products/dbv2-volkswagen-mqb-intercooler-crash-bar-kit
That would be perfect at a 1000 hp. I plan on making 1300-1400 whp or so with Nitrous. The project has gone on so long now that Zona Rotor will be coming out with new Turbo's soon so im gonna end up buying a newer 72mm which should make 1200 whp im guessing. Gonna need to probably fit two seperate intercoolers in there is what Alex was saying. Hopefully wrap things up in the spring time.

Goal is 3000 lbs with added CF. Considering CF doors but cant find anyone who makes them.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
There are people having a tough time making power and dealing with UM. There is a source that is working on making power for those customers.
UM doesnt tune Syvex. Not using them they have no clue how to tune a Syvex. I will have in house tuning now at EQT. One less headache I have to deal with. Tuners for Syvex are expensive tho. Most $2500+.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
UM doesnt tune Syvex. Not using them they have no clue how to tune a Syvex. I will have in house tuning now at EQT. One less headache I have to deal with. Tuners for Syvex are expensive tho. Most $2500+.
That’s not what people were getting at. The people with UM tunes are the ones that are having issues being not slow.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
That’s not what people were getting at. The people with UM tunes are the ones that are having issues being not slow.
I dont know why ppl are brining up UM im not getting my car tuned there. But I have seen quite a few cars for sale with EGT tunes. Seems like they are becomming more popular.