GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev9 Exhaust

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Calm down.

I simply said it may not work to fix a possible problem here. I get that it works with your downpipe and muffler delete, or stock muffler. That is not what is being talked about in this thread. This thread is about to a Chinese made catback that probably has 2 "beer can" mufflers. If my experience is any indication this could turn out the same. A few posts up I even mentioned possibly trying one because it isn't all that much money, and isn't enough to make me cry if it turns out a loss. I would also be able to test it with the Vibrant since I have one sitting in my shop.

I have not spoken ill of you or your products. As you mentioned I reached out to you to see if you had cut open one of the OEM resonators to look at the interior design.

My post is just to point out that simply throwing a resonator at something that works on a specific setup does not automatically mean it will work on some other setup.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Calm down.

I simply said it may not work to fix a possible problem here. I get that it works with your downpipe and muffler delete, or stock muffler. That is not what is being talked about in this thread. This thread is about to a Chinese made catback that probably has 2 "beer can" mufflers. If my experience is any indication this could turn out the same. A few posts up I even mentioned possibly trying one because it isn't all that much money, and isn't enough to make me cry if it turns out a loss. I would also be able to test it with the Vibrant since I have one sitting in my shop.

I have not spoken ill of you or your products. As you mentioned I reached out to you to see if you had cut open one of the OEM resonators to look at the interior design.

My post is just to point out that simply throwing a resonator at something that works on a specific setup does not automatically mean it will work on some other setup.

My comments have absolutely nothing to do with anything I build, nor is your list accurate as to what I build. It has been proven to work with literally dozens of set ups with hundreds of variables.

It does work with any set up, but it can’t always be a one stop shop.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'm not a big fan of the tractor sound! Lol I have rev9 with 200 cell cat & oem catback. And even with this there is a slight drone on interstate. I just wish It would sound similar to my old Speed3.. Deep and growly with pops. The best sounding 4 cyl Turbo I've ever had.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The best sounding 4 cylinder IMO is the 2002-2004 wrx with the right exhaust, gotta love that boxer

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
The best sounding 4 cylinder IMO is the 2002-2004 wrx with the right exhaust, gotta love that boxer

Although I love my car and it beats the subarus I test drove in many ways, I will never be able to get over the sweet sweet sound of a boxer.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This ^ I always wanted a WRX or STI but man am I glad I didn’t.

Even my mk6 handled them no problem back in 2011 when I bought my first gti. To add insult to injury for my STI owning buddies they all had cylinder 4 ringland failures (NE Ohio is full of Subaru, and I’ve personally seen almost a dozen blow up)

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I actually hate the sound of the boxers... Not really into a car that sounds like a helicopter! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Back to topic...

I have the new Rev9 CB-068 from Advan Racing over eBay on order.
Should arrive Wednesday.
They accepted my offer price of $335.

I will report back :)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
To add insult to injury for my STI owning buddies they all had cylinder 4 ringland failures (NE Ohio is full of Subaru, and I’ve personally seen almost a dozen blow up)

Same here, I did cross shop the WRX but it was assumed I'd be building a motor at some point.

They've been plagued by the same issues and Subaru keeps building garbage engines...can't blame them, they keep selling.

Friend's '18 STI windowed the block a few months ago. Daily driver, bone stock, less than 10k miles. Ridiculous.

Anyways...

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Yes I do.
MAP catted and resonated

If you have an iphone grab Spectrum Analyzer Pro, the free version, for some drone (or not) data. It will tell you what the decibels are in the car, and which frequencies.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
If you have an iphone grab Spectrum Analyzer Pro, the free version, for some drone (or not) data. It will tell you what the decibels are in the car, and which frequencies.

Couldn’t find the App.
Do you have a direct link?

Thanks man!