GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I set my car to normal and the car is worse (my car had no option to deactivate). I believe that is the reason I have been experiencing fuel cuts that I now believe to be traction control initiated........I set it to strong again and voila....no more cuts......anyone experience anything similar? One thing to note is the fuel cuts I was experiencing weren't normal traction control cuts, they would not subside until I released throttle

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Seems to me with vibration reduction deactivated. Asr off. Esc sport. Differential (forgot abbreviation) weak. it allows you to modulate to get less hop and smoother acceleration. Notice I didn't say better. Because I have tried both ways and 0-60 is almost identical at 6.5-6.7s. But with asr on, it causes power on/off situation which increases wheel hop.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I set my car to normal and the car is worse (my car had no option to deactivate). I believe that is the reason I have been experiencing fuel cuts that I now believe to be traction control initiated........I set it to strong again and voila....no more cuts......anyone experience anything similar? One thing to note is the fuel cuts I was experiencing weren't normal traction control cuts, they would not subside until I released throttle

I haven't tried switching back to strong, but it sounds like too me your car is running better w/starting vibration on strong... hmm.

craigsix

Ready to race!

so if i cant deactivate i should leave it be at strong?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
In my case it seems to have fixed my issues.....to be honest, my car never intervened at all before doing this tweak....and my car is making plenty of torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Just want to say thank you to OP. Paired this with the ESC off and man i can pull hard out of a drive way now. Loads of fun! For people having problems i had a hard time getting it to work BEFORE i adjusted the ESC button. After i did that it switched to deactivated no problem. You also have to have the car with ignition on engine off.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
This leaves my traction control intact still when I want it for daily driving use right? Just the limiter is removed for launches?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Correct...if you leave traction control on, all the nannies are still present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Is the torque limiter what causes the exhaust farts under heavy acceleration in lower gears?
I think so, I get that all the time and you can feel it cut power.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
You still need to code your traction control if you have not done that yet.

I wondered what the lag was...I thought my clutch was already slipping.

What do you mean by recoding the traction control? Once I deactivate the granny mode I then have to recode the traction control? What happens if I don't and how do you recode the traction control???

This is very exciting news.