GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recall soon for rear springs on 56k VW’s

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Anyone affected by this recall will receive an official notice in the mail. In addition VWoA will have an official listing of the specific VIN number range online soon. NHTS will also typically have a copy of this info. listed online as well as all VW dealers having the recall info.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Just checked VW's (U.S.) website and as of today at least, our Puelba-built 2017 Golf 1.8 5-Speed shows to be clear of any recalls.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
What I find incredible is that this "manufacturing defect" lasted over a period of FIVE years.. how the hell does that happen?

It depends on what the true cause is. It could be a heat treat issue or improper raw material that was mixed in with proper material or some other issue.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Fingers crossed. I hate dealerships.
X1, I'm looking at Emmanuel springs just to avoid the dealership, can't stand taking it there....[emoji848][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
X1, I'm looking at Emmanuel springs just to avoid the dealership, can't stand taking it there....[emoji848][emoji106]

It's not exactly difficult to change the rear springs...

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
It's not exactly difficult to change the rear springs...
Not exactly hard to wash a car, but I don't want them doing that either...[emoji106]

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It depends on what the true cause is. It could be a heat treat issue or improper raw material that was mixed in with proper material or some other issue.

Still ridiculous that they could crank them out for 5 years and only now be figuring out that there's a problem. Yet another cheeseball low-bid supplier. VW seems to be very talented at finding crap like this.

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, just checked and 2015 Golf R w/ DCC is clear.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Still ridiculous that they could crank them out for 5 years and only now be figuring out that there's a problem. Yet another cheeseball low-bid supplier. VW seems to be very talented at finding crap like this.

Sometimes it takes 5 years of road wear/stress for a problem to actually come up. Again mentioning my wife's Nissan Versa problem - they did not put some rust resistant coating on the front springs. It took 4 years of Illinois winters with salt for them to get rusty enough to break.

Winter

Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI
Unfortunately, my car was in this small pool of VW’s with this issue. I received the letter and the dealer did the replacement. Suddenly, driving was fun and pain-free again! Yay. Fast forward to today, nearly a year later, and my Golf is suddenly exhibiting similar issues I was having prior to the recall. Not sure if these new ones are beginning to fail too or if it’s something completely different going on. Frustrating.