GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Exactly! Excited to hear how it drives. That break in period is going to be quite the test of your will power :p

Yeah you're telling me... I think (hope) the urge to break it in properly so I don't have future issues will override the urge to gaptize some bastards on the road...

#soon

Finally got the shiznit running, btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhAQRCbiC4

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
New APRacing RadiCAL BBK... With SuperPro front endlinks and ST XTA coils (ShopDAP version)

No filter needed [emoji7]

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Sweet! J hook FTW!!
What pads did you go with?
Have you seen the latest from AP? The Radi-CAL IIs?
Front sway bar? [emoji782]
Enjoying your thread....making to the transition from 2 wheel to 4 wheel track myself.

I have, quite beautiful! I guess when I called these new, I mean “new to me” [emoji16]

No FSB upgrade as of now, honestly the RSB with suspension is super solid, I don’t feel a need to upgrade the front as well, at least for now. If I did I think I’d want even thicker rear...

The pads are Ferodo DS2500’s front and rear (I also upgraded to rear PP brakes) but I won’t be tracking with them up front. I’ll either grab the DS3000’s or switch over to GLOC for some track pads in the front. For the rears, I’ll just leave the DS2500’s.

EDIT: Leaning towards the DS1.11’s for front track pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
don't forget to adjust those endlinks :D

Haha, yes, yes I know [emoji28] I’ll be taking the car to Texas Track Works for a performance alignment, and I believe I’ll have them adjust my endlinks as well. I’ll be very interested to hear what they have to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Welp, got to take her out for a short test drive last Friday before the New Year's weekend, and it felt and sounded AMAZING.

However... we think the rear main seal may be leaking :'( This also happened last time we pulled everything apart for IS38/Clutch/LSD install, so I ordered this:

http://www.excelerateperformance.com/news/2-0t-tsi-rear-main-seal-solution

This was supposed to come in this morning, but was delayed. I checked and this is coming out of CT............ which as you know, has a giant winter storm fast approaching. So yeah, not sure what's going to happen there. Supposed to be pulling it all apart again tonight to see what the issue is. Hopefully the piece arrives tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll start posting pictures of what we've been up to the last several months for the curious here soon. Have primarily been waiting to get the car back because it has taken about 3 months longer than it was supposed to thanks to the parts guy slacking off, not ordering everything, and eventually quitting not long ago. Thanks, parts guy.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I too got the iAbed rear main seal. Going to install it when I install the southbend stage 3 daily clutch in the coming months :D

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
what makes you think the rear seal is leaking? What are the symptoms that your car is having? Clutch slip? Observed fluid at the transmission joints?

Because the guy building my engine knows his shit and said so [emoji38]

This just in, he was right:

Also I believe the iAbed rear main seal will be here in the morning.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Wasn't saying it's not that. I am curious what kind of things the car was doing so I can know for future trouble shooting. I'm currently running the iabed rear seal and everything seems fine. So what were you (or the guy that built your engine lol)?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Wasn't saying it's not that. I am curious what kind of things the car was doing so I can know for future trouble shooting. I'm currently running the iabed rear seal and everything seems fine. So what were you (or the guy that built your engine lol)?

I'll have to ask what made him say that. I think it was simply because the oil level went down, and maybe he saw the leak looking at everything after the drive. I'll let you know.

Loonster

Ready to race!
I need to know where you got the Oettinger front grill decal. Yours is red, all I can find are the blue ones. I have a limited edition 2017 Oettinger GTI #12/120 and I can't find that decal anywhere. Mine did not come with it, I have the Oettinger aero all over the car, Front bumper aero with red splitter, side skirts, rear wing, diffuser and lastly Oettinger exhaust with quad pipes but no damn red decal. I have 2 vinyl Oettinger decals on the car that are red. The GTI badges are red on the sides and front and back. Do you see where this is going? I just can't put a blue one on there. PM me if you know where to get one.