GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PP GTI Low Pitched Whine

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I'm getting this weird low pitched whine when I am rolling at very low speeds like pulling in and out of a parking space or coming to a stop at a light.

It happens 1 out of 10 times, it's a very short sound, and not reproducible on purpose. I like to think that it's brake related, but last night it happened as I was coming to a stop, but the light turned green, so I let off the brake and was ready to get back on it. The sound happened when my foot was already off the brake.

I am lost at this point as everything looks pretty normal. It kinda sounds like it's as if I left my parking brake up. Any ideas?

PP GTI 6 mt, 5 mm front 10 mm rear spacers, Konig Oversteer 18x8, ED springs are the mods

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Guys he is a manual.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I hear a low whine as well at slow speeds with a lot of turns, I always though it was my DSG

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
No it doesn't correspond to clutch or trans. It really sounds like a low pitched brake sound.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
No it doesn't correspond to clutch or trans. It really sounds like a low pitched brake sound.

Are you on your brakes when you hear it? I'm usually not on my brakes just 1st gear in DSG

Thrawn

Passed Driver's Ed
It's the brakes... I have the same issue on my car... Like the piston is not retracting all the way when releasing the brake... Sometimes is does, but sometimes is doesn't... If you go real slow, you can hear the rotor rub the pad at a certain point... Reminds me of a warped mountain bike rotor with the wheel spinning...

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
It's the brakes... I have the same issue on my car... Like the piston is not retracting all the way when releasing the brake... Sometimes is does, but sometimes is doesn't... If you go real slow, you can hear the rotor rub the pad at a certain point... Reminds me of a warped mountain bike rotor with the wheel spinning...

Is this an issue that needs to be remedied asap?

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed

I have the same problem. Its super annoying because i hear a "scrape, scrape, scrape" on every wheel rotation at slow speed in indoor garages.