GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philadelphia Area Owners, Spotted, Meets, Tuners..etc

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
What up guys, I've seen quite a few other Philadelphians on the boards and wanted to start a thread dedicated to our region. Introduce yourself here, share something about yourself, share shop and tuner reviews, organize meets or photo-shoots, share another MK7 you spotted in the area or what ever else you feel like sharing :)

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I'll start us off...
I'm kinda new to the area, originally from DC. Worked as a Dealer Tech/Foreman for many years and quit to start my own restaurant service company up here in Philly. I have a garage with tons tools and mechanical knowledge, always willing to lend a hand or do some side jobs if I have the time. I've been building and racing cars/motorcycles for over 15years and enjoy hunting, snowboarding and beer lol. Just picked up my PP GTI last week and the modding has already started.

Looking for a good shop in the area to do some dyno's pulls (preferably on a DynoJet), any suggestions?

saveywil1

I'll pipe in too. New to Philly also. On my second Mkvii GTI, first only survived two weeks before someone inexplicably managed to total it whilst it was parked... Look for a top paint correction/detailer in the area if anyone has suggestions? Hoping to get tuning once the weather gets a little bit better.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I've used these guys https://www.eliteglasstinting.net
Owner and employees all own VW/Audi's too. I was just there getting my windows tinted and roof wrapped, they had two new S3's and a Porsche in the shop all getting detailed, ceramic coating and parts plastic dipped/wrapped. Cool guys too.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
^We got our S3 and CC tinted over at Elite. Good people

Give us a wave if you see us cruising around. I drive a Sepang Blue S3 with Modded Euros banner on it.

If you guys haven't checked out our site love feedback www.moddedeuros.com You will see us at meets and always down for meeting more people

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, do you guys have a physical retail location in the area or are you online based only? The site looks great, I'll pickup a few thing from you guys my next round of ordering stuff. When and where are the local meets around here?

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, do you guys have a physical retail location in the area or are you online based only? The site looks great, I'll pickup a few thing from you guys my next round of ordering stuff. When and where are the local meets around here?

We have offices but we do not service cars other than our own and do not have parts on display. One of our warehouses is here and than we have another out west we use.

Sounds good. Let us know if we can help. Can always drop us an email if you have questions support@moddedeuros.com

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm Northwest of the city by about 40 minutes w/o traffic. I'm really new to the VW scene, even though I've had a 2000 VW Golf GL since new. I recently replaced it with a 2015 Golf 1.8T.

I have a 2006 BMW 330i (e90) that has about $30K in mods. Yes, I used to track it a lot till I got my competition license. Now I co-drive a 2008 BMW 335 race car with a buddy of mine in SCCA and BMWCCA Endurance races.
Hopefully the next race will be at NJMP Devil in the Dark 12 hour. Last year we started 49th (last due to not qualifying) and we ended up finishing 5th overall.

If you're looking for a dyno, VAC has a dyno and they'll work on most anything, but they primarily work on BMWs.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I'm Northwest of the city by about 40 minutes w/o traffic. I'm really new to the VW scene, even though I've had a 2000 VW Golf GL since new. I recently replaced it with a 2015 Golf 1.8T.

I have a 2006 BMW 330i (e90) that has about $30K in mods. Yes, I used to track it a lot till I got my competition license. Now I co-drive a 2008 BMW 335 race car with a buddy of mine in SCCA and BMWCCA Endurance races.
Hopefully the next race will be at NJMP Devil in the Dark 12 hour. Last year we started 49th (last due to not qualifying) and we ended up finishing 5th overall.

If you're looking for a dyno, VAC has a dyno and they'll work on most anything, but they primarily work on BMWs.

Nice man! Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to call them next week.

saveywil1

Owner and employees all own VW/Audi's too. I was just there getting my windows tinted and roof wrapped, they had two new S3's and a Porsche in the shop all getting detailed, ceramic coating and parts plastic dipped/wrapped. Cool guys too.

Thanks for that will head out there for sure. Right now keeping it washed and clean is enough of a challenge. 95 is just a salt bath.

Scotty3602

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Rj, Would you mind sharing the cost of the tint and roof vinyl wrap? I'm thinking of doing the same once my GTI arrives!

Thanks-

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Hey Rj, Would you mind sharing the cost of the tint and roof vinyl wrap? I'm thinking of doing the same once my GTI arrives!

Thanks-
I think it was around $600 cash, I bought all their top shelf 3M products though... you can get it done much cheaper if you buy the lower quality films and wraps they have. They also did the front little windows with no problem too, here's a couple pictures...

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Rj,
The roof is exactly how I want mine to look. Glad to hear they were able to do the tiny window.
Two more questions:
• How long did they say the roof vinyl will last?
• How did they handle trimming around the antenna?

Thanks!

It all depends on how much direct sunlight and heat it is exposed to, it should last at least 5yrs if well maintained they said. I am going to have them ceramic coat the entire car and roof this Spring to help prolong the life of it too. They removed the antenna during install, no white paint is exposed anywhere and the OEM roof racks don't hit the vinyl at all. These guys know what they are doing, highly suggest using them.