GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2014 code - Intake Manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit bank 1a

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Hey everyone! Been dealing with this code for some time now.. Before I go through all the trouble of..

1) flashing it back to stock
2) taking it to my dealer, sweating my ass off in the waiting area hoping that they don't detect my tune
3) hopefully leaving the dealer with a new intake manifold and going straight back to my tuner...

I thought I'd ask around if anyones been through the same issue and solved it by cleaning a sensor something..

Any input?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm just going to throw out a guess... did you check the connection and the vacuum line?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Yes I should have mentioned that all vacuum lines are sealed and I ever did some logs with vagcom to see if there were any vacuum leaks when off the throttle.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
The sensor on top of the manifold, isn't that the MAP sensor? What does that have to do with it?

I would think nothing, but apparently it helped to OP in that thread.

This problem reminds me of MK6 gremlins with the same sensor.

http://shopdap.com/intake-manifold-failure-on-2-0t-tsi-p2015/

Honestly I think my car might do the same thing eventually, I think you would be fine taking it to the dealer if you put it back to stock. There have been 3 turbo replacements and 2 engine replacements under Eurodyne tunes in the last 3 months alone, all were covered under warranty.

I think VW is sucking it up that the MQB has its problems and just fixing them due to Dieselgate.

Mk7VW

Banned
There have been 3 turbo replacements and 2 engine replacements under Eurodyne tunes in the last 3 months alone, all were covered under warranty.

I think VW is sucking it up that the MQB has its problems and just fixing them due to Dieselgate.

This is scary to know :eek:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
This is scary to know :eek:

The engine replacements were bad factory parts known to VW hence the no questions asked engine replacement.

The turbo's however, different story, 26-28psi is alot on the stock turbo but some people are completely fine.

Luck of the draw really.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
why only Eurodyne though? No APR, Uni or GIAC cars blowing up.

Mk7VW

Banned
why only Eurodyne though? No APR, Uni or GIAC cars blowing up.

I'm sure the turbos have blown, but not the engines. You would need a lean type or condition or mad detonation to destroy the engine. I'm sure those blown engines are factory defect.

Doesn't APR boost the most compared to ed, uni, and giac?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure the turbos have blown, but not the engines. You would need a lean type or condition or mad detonation to destroy the engine. I'm sure those blown engines are factory defect.

Doesn't APR boost the most compared to ed, uni, and giac?

APR and Eurodyne are using the most boost, APR actually is pushing the stock turbo pretty hard.

APR and Eurodyne - 26 to 28 PSI reported between the tunes at Stage 2.

Unitronic - 23 PSI reported at Stage 2.

GIAC - ??

REVO - ??