GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor

GaSs_ZA

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Im getting this error Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor Bank 1 P2014, anybody else experience anything like this? Car feels down on power, booked in with dealer but only on monday. Also makes a strange noise when I switch it off. Check video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdUpaDHvHVI

JSoler

Ready to race!
You have an aftermarket intake? The small hose probably popped off. The little vaccume line that was attached to the stock airbox controls the flappers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Yup totally agree. I got that code and a host of others when I didn't notice the small hose wasn't plugged in. Can you confirm? Maybe it's super simple to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaSs_ZA

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the stock air box fitted. I doubled checked the little pipe and everything seems fine.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
I have the stock air box fitted. I doubled checked the little pipe and everything seems fine.

Hi
It's this hose where speaking of. I've knocked it off my stock box.

CH2015GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi
It's this hose where speaking of. I've knocked it off my stock box.

Do you have an appendage on the driver side of the manifold that has no hose connected to it? I do and I don know what it's supposed to look like. The appendage is about 1" long and the thickness of a pencil. I have nothing connected on my manifold. I took picture with my phone and it looks like the inside of the tube has metal at the back. Can someone take pic of their intake manifold (driver side) and look for this appendage?

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Do you have an appendage on the driver side of the manifold that has no hose connected to it? I do and I don know what it's supposed to look like. The appendage is about 1" long and the thickness of a pencil. I have nothing connected on my manifold. I took picture with my phone and it looks like the inside of the tube has metal at the back. Can someone take pic of their intake manifold (driver side) and look for this appendage?

If you can post that picture you took it I would totally take a picture of mine so you can compare. Just need to know what I'm aiming for.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks!
That's as it should be. It's an unused port.
Also the place you tap with the APR tap kit.

Mine looked exactly like that prior to install.

CH2015GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!
That's as it should be. It's an unused port.
Also the place you tap with the APR tap kit.

Mine looked exactly like that prior to install.

I was hoping this was going to be what was wrong with my car. Lol.

I've got issues when accelerating 3rd-6th gear. Anything over 40% throttle I get clicking, loss of power, etc for about 2-3 seconds then it takes off. I also have surging after letting up from accelerating and bad driveline lash. It only happens 2500-3500RPM under load. Plus when I just baby the throttle in a higher gear, 4th-6th at freeway speeds, the whole car shakes and bucks. I don't know what it is and there are no codes of course.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had the flap motor stuck open code.. It was the sensor that sits on top of the manifold.. Code was gone after removing the sensor, cleaning it and putting it back

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CH2015GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the flap motor stuck open code.. It was the sensor that sits on top of the manifold.. Code was gone after removing the sensor, cleaning it and putting it back

Unfortunately I have no codes. I'm hoping my VCDS that arrives Monday will point me in the right direction. Kindi, was your car having issues similar to mine?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately I have no codes. I'm hoping my VCDS that arrives Monday will point me in the right direction. Kindi, was your car having issues similar to mine?
It was worse actually.. Goes into limp mode out of nowhere, and then goes to a very funny acting state where there's turbo spool but feels and sounds abnormal with power loss and DSG sounding like an auto instead of the usual pop shifting sound

It also won't start in cold mornings sometimes