GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ottawa-Toronto-Montréal

VDUB_Ottawa

The last time I smelled coolant was when my parents supra cracked its block and coolant leaked into the combustion chamber...needless to say, they replaced the engine...but that's probably not what is happening to yours ;). Hope they troubleshoot the issue

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I smell it periodically. The water pump is on extended warranty due to known issues. I have lost about a quarter litre in 30k KMS.

off_the_grid

I have smelt coolant occasionally since I test drove the car in August. Had it documented when I made the purchase. Coolant level has not changed, 14,000km since. If anyone here has anything I should be looking at, I would appreciate it.

mattbrunett

Passed Driver's Ed
From a lot of reading these cars are bad for thermostats housing leaking and water pumps. I've had both replaced.

Orleans Volkswagen looked at mine today and noticed the smell right away but according to the tech there is 0 problems or leaks..

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Guys, which downpipe you guys running? And where did you order it? I'm trying to stay under 700.00$ CDN. Damm exchange rate is killing us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Go with ultimate racing then or CTS. Both are in Canada (CTS BC, UR in Mississauga).I paid under that for mine shipped to my door (in CDN$) and I had the upgraded metal cat.

Personally I find CTS products absolute garbage (mount insert bent first day using it) and their communication is terrible (they don't answer emails).
UR, can't say much. I had a flange issue and they sent me a new part, no questions asked.

P.S. can't make the track this weekend. IC isn't here yet so haven't installed. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
UR emailed me back. 750.00$ CDN ... I might go ATPTurbo downpipe, cheapest I found for the quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
What was that for? metal cat + resonator + spacer? Including shipping?

Metal core cat. That's it. No resonator or o2 spacer.
That price did include shipping.

MAPperformance sells the ATPturbo 3'' downpipe for 475.00$ USD + 10% rebate = 427.50$ so 577.13$ CDN. I'm guessing shipping would be about 100$ or so. Still comes down to less then 700.00$ CDN shipped.

1.35 $ CDN for 1.00$ USD !!!! ridiculous

613B6

Ready to race!
So anyone going up Saturday to Luskville? Ill try to be up there around noon, track should have no prep as usual lol

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
So anyone going up Saturday to Luskville? Ill try to be up there around noon, track should have no prep as usual lol

I wanted to be ready to go!! Earliest for me now is May 6th.

It is going to be soooo slick lol. Does your A3 have AWD?

m00se

Ready to race!
I'll join you guys to Luskville sometimes this year. I have actually never dragged before. Might as well try for shits and giggles. It won't be this weekend though.

m00se

Ready to race!
Metal core cat. That's it. No resonator or o2 spacer.
That price did include shipping.

MAPperformance sells the ATPturbo 3'' downpipe for 475.00$ USD + 10% rebate = 427.50$ so 577.13$ CDN. I'm guessing shipping would be about 100$ or so. Still comes down to less then 700.00$ CDN shipped.

1.35 $ CDN for 1.00$ USD !!!! ridiculous

Oh ok, man we get raped here on car parts.
I actually put my name down for the group buy for the MAP performance DP, catted +resonator. At 20% off it would come down to USD$520.00 with free shipping continental US. I might just have it shipped to Ogdensburg and pick it up there. the 5%GST will probably be less than if I get it shipped here +customs.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Oh ok, man we get raped here on car parts.

I actually put my name down for the group buy for the MAP performance DP, catted +resonator. At 20% off it would come down to USD$520.00 with free shipping continental US. I might just have it shipped to Ogdensburg and pick it up there. the 5%GST will probably be less than if I get it shipped here +customs.

That's not a bad idea (getting it shipped to Ogdensburg). Did the same for my winter tires.

Ya we def get raped on car parts! The MAP group buy is a good deal. I'm just not a 100% on buying a downpipe right now. Smarter move would be JB4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk