GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK7 Muffler Delete FAQ/Review Thread

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
3rd, until then... someone make this for our cars that is as simple as cut and clamp.

It is surprising kits like this aren't available. I see the pieces available in other catback kits, just no option for suitcase cutoff only.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
I love mine

kDizz781

Ready to race!
It is surprising kits like this aren't available. I see the pieces available in other catback kits, just no option for suitcase cutoff only.
Maybe if enough of us ask a vendor they will make it.

It's such a popular mod, I no don't see why no one is taking advantage of it.

ECS?
MAperformance?
Nameless ( they make muffler deletes for Subarus)
CTS?
AWE?
APR?

Someone!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How does one remove the heat shield above where the rear suitcase muffler sits? Does the catback need to be off the car to get at it?
I've got some drone around 2k with a muffler delete, stock downpipe and stock resonator... Considering the Vibrant 17930 resonator Gti jake recommends in another thread but maybe I'll try this first.

I did this. You just tear it out. Pull down at the pegs with some pliers. There are 5 of them, 2 towards back and 3 towards front of car. A big flathead screwdriver helps to pry as well. Mine came out in pieces.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Maybe if enough of us ask a vendor they will make it.

It's such a popular mod, I no don't see why no one is taking advantage of it.

ECS?
MAperformance?
Nameless ( they make muffler deletes for Subarus)
CTS?
AWE?
APR?

Someone!

[emoji106] Well here’s my vote. Heck, they don’t even have to make it. Just package the subset of parts already available on a kit like Cobb and others offer. If the price was right they’d sell well I would think.

I’m sold on a cheap sound mod like this. I don’t want to spend big $ on exhaust until I do a turbo back, and tint/tune/tires mop up a fair amount of cash for a new owner. That puts high end exhaust upgrades later for me. I’m guessing I’m not the only one that thinks like that.

Revolution091

I did this. You just tear it out. Pull down at the pegs with some pliers. There are 5 of them, 2 towards back and 3 towards front of car. A big flathead screwdriver helps to pry as well. Mine came out in pieces.

Did you notice any difference after doing it? What is underneath there? Got any photos? :)

kDizz781

Ready to race!
[emoji106] Well here’s my vote. Heck, they don’t even have to make it. Just package the subset of parts already available on a kit like Cobb and others offer. If the price was right they’d sell well I would think.

I’m sold on a cheap sound mod like this. I don’t want to spend big $ on exhaust until I do a turbo back, and tint/tune/tires mop up a fair amount of cash for a new owner. That puts high end exhaust upgrades later for me. I’m guessing I’m not the only one that thinks like that.
I sent ECS, Nameless, and CTS an email asking if they would be interested in producing something like this.

Let's see if there are any responses... How awesome would it be if they worked with the community. I might reach out to MAPerformance next

kDizz781

Ready to race!
So I reached out to Ian from MAPerformace, and he replied almost instantly. I guess they have developed a muffler delete for some WRXs and he will look into this.

Props to MAPerformance and Ian for actually responding, hopefully they will have some good news soon.

Hockey

Ready to race!
I was looking into doing a resonator delete, but now I'm torn with a muffler delete. Is the drone really that bad?

Cowzill00

Ready to race!

Hockey

Ready to race!
Would an aftermarket resonator with a muffler delete quite the car down? I'm going to try the muffler delete but would like to know my options if it's too loud.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Would an aftermarket resonator with a muffler delete quite the car down? I'm going to try the muffler delete but would like to know my options if it's too loud.
The Magnaflow I run is a straight through resonator replace and significantly quieted things down.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hockey

Ready to race!
The Magnaflow I run is a straight through resonator replace and significantly quieted things down.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I know what resonator will be quieter? Is it just design, or does a longer resonator control more volume? Thanks.