GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Lapiz Blue Colour Example

ick

Ready to race!
Wheels are the absolute easiest thing in the world to get, though. It's not like not being able to order the alcantara+cloth interior, which would be otherworldly expensive to retrofit.

And for that reason, they probably will offer the pretorias here. I don't really want to pay for 19" tires, but dislike the Cadiz wheels enough it might be worth doing. If only there was an 18" pretoria.

I agree, wheels are the easiest thing to get, but, VW "Pretoria" wheels probably not so much. They would be less expensive as an option than buying them outright. I don't know if you have priced any of the wheels that VW has made available but they are spendy. I too would prefer the 18" size. To be completely honest though the Cadiz wheels are growing on me a bit.

jjm51

Ready to race!
light, and more :)

This is the official colour chip for the Lapiz Blue
Does not look the same as any picture on the websites alot darker in certain lights however cars do always look different to the colour chips? :)
also certain computer screens will make this look different aswell,

not too get too 'snobby' here, but this thread caught my attention.

i taught art history for close to 30 years. true 'color' can be very deceiving. in reality there is no such thing.

the 2 biggest influences on what a color may look like are;

1. light; think of vermeer's work. i do like that we have a member here named caravaggio! he was a master of light as well. as well as a hell-raiser. ;)

2. individual response. this can be do to so many things. both physical and emotional come into play here, just to name a few.

the beauty of a interesting color is that it often changes. night, day, weather, position of the sun, one's mood, etc.

having said all this i think that blue on the golf r is just fantastic. i've counted 5 different 'colors' of the same color so far. i'm sure there'll be many more to come.