GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

bullyx2

Does anyone know if VCDS or this device can make any changes related to the MIB/MIB2 system aside from the start up animation screen? Anything relating to the sound or multimedia functions?

I'm interested in this as well. I am planning to replace all of the audio equipment "downstream" of the MIB2 in my '16 GTI S. Being able to remove all of the goofy EQ settings and the low bass roll off (and perhaps converyt o low level as I've heard is possible) would be a huge help in providing a clean signal to whatever is next in the chain. Being that this is really the only change I'm currently interested in making, the cost of this makes it intriguing.

aeozyalcin1

Passed Driver's Ed
To all asking about whether iPhone will be supported, don't expect any support since the hardware uses Bluetooth to talk to the smartphone, most likely some sort of a serial protocol over Bluetooth. I can guarantee you iPhone will never be supported, unless they make a version of their dongle with WiFi.

Some of you mentioned that you can do all coding without needing credits. How does that work exactly? Is that the case only if you have Pro version?

ctandrews

To all asking about whether iPhone will be supported, don't expect any support since the hardware uses Bluetooth to talk to the smartphone, most likely some sort of a serial protocol over Bluetooth. I can guarantee you iPhone will never be supported, unless they make a version of their dongle with WiFi.

Some of you mentioned that you can do all coding without needing credits. How does that work exactly? Is that the case only if you have Pro version?

are you saying that iPhone doesn't support bluetooth?

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I'm interested in this as well. I am planning to replace all of the audio equipment "downstream" of the MIB2 in my '16 GTI S. Being able to remove all of the goofy EQ settings and the low bass roll off (and perhaps converyt o low level as I've heard is possible) would be a huge help in providing a clean signal to whatever is next in the chain. Being that this is really the only change I'm currently interested in making, the cost of this makes it intriguing.

Not too familiar with what you're talking about but you can do long coding. So if it is something able to be long coded it should work.

aeozyalcin1

Passed Driver's Ed
are you saying that iPhone doesn't support bluetooth?
No. I'm saying that iPhone does not support serial port communication through Bluetooth like Android does. IPhones support other Bluetooth protocols such as audio streaming etc. Unless the OBD11 hardware uses BLE or WI-FI, it wouldn't work with iPhone. (I'm an EE)

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Anyone know if I can do the "Kencha Tails" tweak with this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctandrews

No. I'm saying that iPhone does not support serial port communication through Bluetooth like Android does. IPhones support other Bluetooth protocols such as audio streaming etc. Unless the OBD11 hardware uses BLE or WI-FI, it wouldn't work with iPhone. (I'm an EE)

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

ahhhhh. thanks for your clarification, and for the interesting note about serial port communication via bluetooth. what are other ways I could take advantage of serial port comm with my android? (I'm most definitely not an EE, but I am a damn good cook):D

Unor92

Passed Driver's Ed
So just a quick update i got my OBDEleven yesterday and i already done the following via the android app is,

School mode - Enabled
Needle Sweep - Enabled
Engine Alarm when opening the driver door - Disabled
Infotainment start up logo changed to just R from R-Line - Done

I tried to enable rain sensor when car is off but i can't get the windows to pull up, i even have the setting in the display settings but...... anyone know?