GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Is there a way to code DRL off when hand brake is applied when headlights are set to "Auto?

It works when the headlights are off manually but when set to Auto, DRL are still stay on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Does anyone have any input on this?

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
I've coded my tail lights for the Urban Joke V2. And they were flip flopped. And by that I mean that the outer tail would be dim and the inner would be lit up...yet the lower light on the outer tail would light up too. So it looked goofy. I swapped the hell and dunkel values and it aligned itself, but it has me thinking that I could put an amber LED in the lower section and get European tail lights. Thoughts?

I didn't spend enough time reading about the control value for the lower outer light.

Car is a US 2017 Golf SportWagen 4MO 6MT.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I've coded my tail lights for the Urban Joke V2. And they were flip flopped. And by that I mean that the outer tail would be dim and the inner would be lit up...yet the lower light on the outer tail would light up too. So it looked goofy. I swapped the hell and dunkel values and it aligned itself, but it has me thinking that I could put an amber LED in the lower section and get European tail lights. Thoughts?

I didn't spend enough time reading about the control value for the lower outer light.

Car is a US 2017 Golf SportWagen 4MO 6MT.

Hornung: Couple of observations regarding your question:

First, it might be prudent to understand your local legislation regarding car lighting. The fact that you rear tails currently don't have amber turn signals suggests (to me at least) that your local rules don't support this feature - but I might be wrong. Of course you can take the risk that there will be no consequences if you install non-compliant lamps to your car. However, you should consider the worst case scenario - that being that your car
might be be involved in an accident and the fact that your car is found to be not road-compliant means that your insurance is invalidated. It's purely a risk management decision that only you make!

Second- you might want to consider using DV52 tails - which a really strange, but immensely intelligent bloke designed specifically for tail light fittings with separate amber lamps!:)

Don

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone have any input on this?

TJN: I suspect that it's not possible to do this (sorry)

Don

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
Hornung: Couple of observations regarding your question:

First, it might be prudent to understand your local legislation regarding car lighting. The fact that you rear tails currently don't have amber turn signals suggests (to me at least) that your local rules don't support this feature - but I might be wrong. Of course you can take the risk that there will be no consequences if you install non-compliant lamps to your car. However, you should consider the worst case scenario - that being that your car
might be be involved in an accident and the fact that your car is found to be not road-compliant means that your insurance is invalidated. It's purely a risk management decision that only you make!

Second- you might want to consider using DV52 tails - which a really strange, but immensely intelligent bloke designed specifically for tail light fittings with separate amber lamps!:)

Don
Don, thanks for the reply.

I had coded them the way you had outlined and it was triggering the inners with the lower outer bulb. And it looked kind of funny. Was that your intention when you wrote out the code? I didn't find a video of the lights in action.

I then followed the directions for just the lower outer bulbs to function as indicators. Also the five brake light coding and that seems to be the cleanest look for me. I would order the European Halogens, but I plan to order the mk7.5 LEDs in October. The cart is queued up at e-acca.com.

As for regulations go...Cops have a bit more to worry about in Baltimore than turn signals. Hell, they don't even ticket the fuckboys who put xenons in halogen housings in a lifted diesel truck...talk about blinding... JFC.

Thanks again!

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
For the people who figured out how to get rid of the inner tail light delay with the 4 brake light mod, could you please tell me what you did?

I changed all of my settings for the inner lights to match the outer settings and in the same order and I still have the delay.

Last edited:

AshinKushin

Did the following tweak:

Open/Close Windows (all 4, incl. sunroof) with Remote
Select Central Electrics
Select Security Access
Enter 31347
Select Adaptation
Search Access Control 2 (I used ZV KOMFORT instead)
Select comfort opening and set to active
Select comfort closing and set to active
Select funk komfort oeffnen and set to active
Select funk komfort schilessen and set to active
Select Menuesteuerung komfortbedienung einstellbar and set to adjustable
Select green check mark and come out

Remote open/close windows
by MANU 01, on Flickr

Roll down windows with hand in handle, thumb on dimple, rool up with thumb on dimple (Kessy)
Central Electronics
Adaptation
Search for:
Schlüssellose Zugang - und Startberechtigung
Select Kessy Komfort Oeffnen and set to Active
Do it!

Kessy - remote open/close
by MANU 01, on Flickr

Later on, ill try rain closing with "ZV KOMFORT", didnt have time fot ii today
I did it thanks! How do I lock doors with ign. on since there's no access control. Can't find
(1) Access control - funk be I kiemme 15 ein->active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^ You probably have a newer Central electric module - look for
ZV allgemein-Funk bei Klemme 15 ein instead

Don

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
rediculously long update time

Does anyone else have this problem?

My phone is running LineageOS 14...whatever is the latest build. I seriously doubt the non-factory ROM is the problem. I've also tried it on my older Samsung Galaxy S3 with the same results.

I just bought an OBDlink MX. I connect to it in a couple of seconds and have real time specs on engine performance very quickly. With my OBD11, I'm sitting there for a couple of minutes waiting for it to do whatever it's doing before I can make any changes or monitor things. It gets uber tedious after about 15 seconds of watching the spinning circle animation. I've had my OBD11 for 6 months now and essentially never use it because of the ridiculous delay from connect to actual use. I've never said anything before, because I didn't know if this sort of total lack of performance was normal or not. The OBDlink MX by comparison is lightning fast. There is zero delay and connecting is 2-3 seconds at most and I am able to make changes or view engine stats.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
I don't do any monitoring with the OBDEleven, but I find it quite slow. But for just doing some programming, it is tolerable.

I suspect the performance difference between the OBDlink and the OBDEleven is due to poor performance of the OBDEleven backend servers vs OBDLink may been keeping a ton more data local to the app/device.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Soooo...I got my hands on an OBD eleven.

I want to be able to roll down the windows with the remote, but it says not supported?

Last edited:

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Soooo...I got my hands on an OBD eleven.

I want to be able to roll down the windows with the remote, but it says not supported?
Are you trying the 1 touch apps? Don't bother with them it's alot easier to do it manually than you think. Remote windows are on my car as stock so I don't know why you would get that unless it's the 1 touch app. Should be easy to find the coding here!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Are you trying the 1 touch apps? Don't bother with them it's alot easier to do it manually than you think. Remote windows are on my car as stock so I don't know why you would get that unless it's the 1 touch app. Should be easy to find the coding here!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did try and go through the app.

I ordered the "Pro" code last night. I'm going to do the long method.

Last edited: