GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Baz: not sure why LH doesn't work - I assume that you have the light sensor attached to the windscreen (behind the rear vision mirror). But I must have mis-read your requirements, because the purpose of the changes to the last table in my insert was to do just that - "turn-off CH/LH for Dot/Parking Light" (see the last column in the table).My bad

If you want the Parking light (dot) to turn-on with CH/LH, do the following:

Leuchte4TFL LB4- left side Parking light

Lichtfunktion G4 > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

Lichtfunktion H4 > not active

Dimmwert GH 4 > 100

Dimming Direction GH 4 > maximize

Leuchte5 TFL RB32-right side Parking light

Lichtfunktion G5 > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

Lichtfunktion G4 > not active

Dimmwert GH 5 > 100

Dimming Direction GH 5 > maximize

Don

Ok don will change it tonight when I get home from work thanks again.

Barry . [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tfalbs

Im having an issue with long coding on my car with OBD11. I watched a video from DAP which shows which boxes and settings to use for the folding mirrors and turn down on the mirrors but when I apply the setting and see that the coding was accepted, I tried to use it and it didnt work. I plugged in OBD11 to the OBD port, turned ignition on, applied settings and turned car on. The setting never became available in the car options. I ended up using the credits to have it done and that works fine but now I am out of credits and want to do other mods.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
has anyone with a 6speed auto tried the transmission reset? If so,.does it smooth out shifts?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I ended up using the credits to have it done and that works fine but now I am out of credits and want to do other mods.

You can get 5 free credits a day.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^...........Or, you could learn how to do the tweak manually, like this:

Note: I've translated this procedure from VCDS into OBD11 speak - I've not personally tried this.

Prerequisites:
Transmission fluid temperature between 30°C - 100°C confirmed using "Live Data"
** Control Module temperature
** Transmission fluid temperature

Selector lever in Park

Engine idle speed, do not press accelerator pedal

Parking brake and foot brake applied during the entire procedure. This can be confirmed using "Live Data":
** Brake Light Switch
** Brake test switch

0D9 - DQ250 MQB - Basic Settings Procedure:
Select[Transmission Control Module @ address hex02]
Select [Basic Settings]
Select [Basic settings of transmission]
Press [Go!]

- During the basic setting procedure, there may be some loud gear shifting noises from the transmission, this is normal.

Basic settings may not complete successfully if:
- The fluid temperature gets too hot.
- Brake is released
- Engine RPM is increased

Once complete, there should be an indication of this in the [Status of Basic Settings] in "Live Data" and Basic Settings should report that the procedure has been correctly completed.

Exit Basic Setting and check/clear fault codes.

Don
-

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know why people think the only way to make changes are by using the OBDEleven apps. The apps are there for your convenience, but you can make all the setting changes manually. As Don has stated several times, it is better to do things manually, so that you get a better understanding of what changes you are making.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I don't know why people think the only way to make changes are by using the OBDEleven apps. The apps are there for your convenience, but you can make all the setting changes manually. As Don has stated several times, it is better to do things manually, so that you get a better understanding of what changes you are making.
if this relates to my questions, thank you, but I'm fully aware that the apps are packaged steps and I'm not afraid to use manual steps when I know what they are and what their effects will be :)

Still hoping for answers. Can you answer either question? thanks.

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
if this relates to my questions, thank you, but I'm fully aware that the apps are packaged steps and I'm not afraid to use manual steps when I know what they are and what their effects will be :)

Nope, wasn't directed towards you. Just my rant.

But as for the transmission reset, I haven't done it myself, but i've heard it does make a difference initially. Then after some time (~500 miles or so) it gets back to normal.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

odessa: I think I may have mixed-up a couple of sequential posts in my reply - apology. My only excuse is my lazy intellect and the loss of many brain-cells through drinking too much red wine!

As 160db has said, the trans set points eventually go back. My understanding is that the control module has a learning algorithm, but that the tweak resets the module (and it establishes the factory start points for the algorithm).

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Im having an issue with long coding on my car with OBD11. I watched a video from DAP which shows which boxes and settings to use for the folding mirrors and turn down on the mirrors but when I apply the setting and see that the coding was accepted, I tried to use it and it didnt work. I plugged in OBD11 to the OBD port, turned ignition on, applied settings and turned car on. The setting never became available in the car options. I ended up using the credits to have it done and that works fine but now I am out of credits and want to do other mods.

perhaps this could help?

Don

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
hey no worries Don and 160db. Just want to get to the bottom of it if possible.

During the week, I drive like grandma, for the most part [emoji41]

Car also gets autocrossed and I speculate that trans adaptations settings move a bit.
Then car occasionally makes rude downshifts. If you were a prospective buyer and experienced it, you might shy away from the car.

Would like to correct and recently saw this possible solution on obdeleven.

Didn't want to jump on it without vetting as car is under warranty still and it's an expensive part to mess with.

Marshall562

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, hope all is well and enjoying the great summer weather. It's absolutely fantastic here in Huntington Beach, Southern California
I've been attempting to enable the "hot country" setting of my AC, but the tabs in my version don't look exactly the same as what I've seen on this forum, as well as YouTube. I've got a 2017 Sport model WITHOUT auto AC. Could the non-auto AC option be the problem perhaps? I've read on these forums from other members that have said the same thing, about the wording on some of the AC coding is different.
Any1 out there u can lend a hand, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance ����

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, hope all is well and enjoying the great summer weather. It's absolutely fantastic here in Huntington Beach, Southern California
I've been attempting to enable the "hot country" setting of my AC, but the tabs in my version don't look exactly the same as what I've seen on this forum, as well as YouTube. I've got a 2017 Sport model WITHOUT auto AC. Could the non-auto AC option be the problem perhaps? I've read on these forums from other members that have said the same thing, about the wording on some of the AC coding is different.
Any1 out there u can lend a hand, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance ����

Which part of the screens don't you get?

Air Conditioning -"Hot Country" Setting
[

Don

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
that ac thing worked for me, thanks Don

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I just noticed that one of my LEDs are out on my tails!! There's the 3 square LEDs in the middle of the light and my centre one has no light coming off it. Do you know if that could be a coding issue or are the reps I bought just c**p? I will get a photo when It's dark if it hasn't magically fixed itself

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk