GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Eh, our highways are not designed like the Autobahn, our drivers are not educated like European drivers are, and our highways are not maintained as well as (the Autobahn).

It is pretty ridiculous to say that we should be able to go 130mph in America. Now, in the midwest I think the speed limits should be 90 not 75. And maybe 70 not 65 around the Northeast corridor. But higher than that and I would not feel safe between the piss poor condition of our highways and the even worse skill of the average driver.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Eh, our highways are not designed like the Autobahn, our drivers are not educated like European drivers are, and our highways are not maintained as well as (the Autobahn).

It is pretty ridiculous to say that we should be able to go 130mph in America. Now, in the midwest I think the speed limits should be 90 not 75. And maybe 70 not 65 around the Northeast corridor. But higher than that and I would not feel safe between the piss poor condition of our highways and the even worse skill of the average driver.

Because Germans pay almost double amount of tax than people in the U.S.
So, if you do not want to pay more tax, don't expect nice things, such as nicely maintained roads or infrastructures.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Idiots driving in the left lane are called LLD's Left Lane Dicks!

Oh there are plenty of idiots on the road. I can't count how many times I see the left lane blocked up with cars and the right lane (slow lane) is completely empty. Hardly no one follows the whole idea of keep right except to pass. I expect that 80% of the time, I'll be passing in the
right lane. Lots of people are doing dumb things on the road like texting, reading, putting on make-up while driving, etc. Then there are the idiots that think they should control the road and will block traffic behind them or deliberately slam on their brakes so that you have to slow down behind them or romp on the throttle when you are passing to keep you from passing. I regularly circumvent people like this. I couldn't care less about their idiotic control issues and certainly won't play their stupid games.

When I said the roads could handle 180mph, I meant the pavement, not the other drivers. If speed limits on the interstate were non-existent, I would drive faster where appropriate and not when it wasn't. I don't want to get in a wreck or cause one regardless of the speed. Pushing down the road at 140+ and no one is paying attention around me is NOT a good idea.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It sounded like he was getting upset with the very idea of someone going that fast. What with the comment about getting hauled off to jail and rightfully so. I obviously don't feel the same way. Most speed limits are set way below what the roadway can handle and what the typical traffic is driving on that road.

Yeah, I was VERY upset with the idea of some moron doing 130 on a public roadway. If you can't understand why, you'll probably find out the hard way someday.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
When I said the roads could handle 180mph, I meant the pavement, not the other drivers. If speed limits on the interstate were non-existent, I would drive faster where appropriate and not when it wasn't. I don't want to get in a wreck or cause one regardless of the speed. Pushing down the road at 140+ and no one is paying attention around me is NOT a good idea.

Now you're trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube. Keep digging.

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
Really, you going with that line? Wow.

Serious questions: how old are you, and how many traffic tickets have you received at this point??

I know it wasn't you, but loved the LLD comment. Very funny.

I haven't had a ticket in 5 years and that one was a total dick move on the cops part. I got over for a cop on the side of the road. He ticketed me since he thought I filled a gap that was too small. I really don't have much to say that's positive when they do unjust things like that. I even told him that I got over for him...not that he cared.

So regarding highways, some are better than others. Don't do stupid things on poor quality roads. Roads that are better can handle higher speeds. Most of the interstates where I live are in excellent condition. I wouldn't be afraid to drive them at 140+. I just wouldn't do it with traffic around me. That would be foolish.

So how about we talk about the OBDeleven again. Some folks really got this thread off course.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I know it wasn't you, but loved the LLD comment. Very funny.

I haven't had a ticket in 5 years and that one was a total dick move on the cops part. I got over for a cop on the side of the road. He ticketed me since he thought I filled a gap that was too small. I really don't have much to say that's positive when they do unjust things like that. I even told him that I got over for him...not that he cared.

So regarding highways, some are better than others. Don't do stupid things on poor quality roads. Roads that are better can handle higher speeds. Most of the interstates where I live are in excellent condition. I wouldn't be afraid to drive them at 140+. I just wouldn't do it with traffic around me. That would be foolish.

So how about we talk about the OBDeleven again. Some folks really got this thread off course.

You missed the question about your age.

Stirring the pot...

adamweld

Hey guys. I've got a 2017 mk7 Golf and have started playing around with the obdeleven, and evidently (as a few people have pointed out) many of the items are in different locations. I was wondering if anyone knows of an updated coding list for this car?

Also, I got comfort opening/closing to work from the key fob, but it will only actuate the driver's window. Any clue how to get it to work on all windows?

Thanks

wippo567

Car(s)
15' G TDI, 16' GSW
Hey guys. I've got a 2017 mk7 Golf and have started playing around with the obdeleven, and evidently (as a few people have pointed out) many of the items are in different locations. I was wondering if anyone knows of an updated coding list for this car?

Also, I got comfort opening/closing to work from the key fob, but it will only actuate the driver's window. Any clue how to get it to work on all windows?

Thanks
Did you check in the open/close settings in the infotainment system? There's usually an option to open all windows or driver's window. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk