GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
As I'm getting the next Gen R when it comes out I may get the JB4 and keep my fingers crossed that I can carry it over to the MK7.5/8 R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I do have a question about NSPM or I gues I should call it NPM.
I think the later is more official. I think.
I like learning about positive and negatives of mods.
"The Fed" mentions lean condition as being a negative for NPM.
Just wondering about some facts and any info on risk
I have never read any details posted just a general comment.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I do have a question about NSPM or I gues I should call it NPM.
I think the later is more official. I think.
I like learning about positive and negatives of mods.
"The Fed" mentions lean condition as being a negative for NPM.
Just wondering about some facts and any info on risk
I have never read any details posted just a general comment.

A piggyback question to that, see what I did there [emoji23] would be 'does the JB1/4 run lean as well?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
A piggyback question to that, see what I did there [emoji23] would be 'does the JB1/4 run lean as well?

I have a JB4 and it doesn't run lean. The thing is, whoever buys the NPM will have no idea. They can't see what it's doing. Others talk about how the NPM has the +7 setting for 100 octane. What's laughable is that in the cold air, you can run +7 on 93. The NPM will never let you know that though. In the summer when it's hot, the +5 might be too much. Again, you won't know. I can see everything my JB4 is doing. I am currently running a target, not additive that is hitting 7+lbs over the ecu request. Not on race gas, no downpipe. I can see it all and log it all. The reason we are posting on here is to educate the new guys so they don't make a foolish purchase

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
^^^. Here we go again. Twindad give it a rest. Your not saving anyone. Now your calling all NPM owners basically fools. You are so cool Man.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I have a JB4 and it doesn't run lean. The thing is, whoever buys the NPM will have no idea. They can't see what it's doing. Others talk about how the NPM has the +7 setting for 100 octane. What's laughable is that in the cold air, you can run +7 on 93. The NPM will never let you know that though. In the summer when it's hot, the +5 might be too much. Again, you won't know. I can see everything my JB4 is doing. I am currently running a target, not additive that is hitting 7+lbs over the ecu request. Not on race gas, no downpipe. I can see it all and log it all. The reason we are posting on here is to educate the new guys so they don't make a foolish purchase

Ok, but if people don't know what they're looking at or what to adjust using the JB4, like me, I have no fucking clue, would the NPM not be a 'better' choice. Being the Devils advocate here.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
The more I read about these piggyback modules the more I just want to pull the trigger on a Eurodyne tune. I won't have this car for more then a couple of years anyway.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Ok, but if people don't know what they're looking at or what to adjust using the JB4, like me, I have no fucking clue, would the NPM not be a 'better' choice. Being the Devils advocate here.

The more I read about these piggyback modules the more I just want to pull the trigger on a Eurodyne tune. I won't have this car for more then a couple of years anyway.

The is really up to preference. If you don't feel like diving to deep into all this then a jb1 or npm is a fine choice. If you are looking for a "dummy proof" at home flash, eurodyne makes a good product, and the Cobb AP is great also. The Cobb is as simple as it comes, the ots maps are good, and you can recoup most of your cash buy selling it when you get rid of your GTI.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
^^^. Here we go again. Twindad give it a rest. Your not saving anyone. Now your calling all NPM owners basically fools. You are so cool Man.

If you buy one today knowing your choices, yes. If you bought one a year or two ago, no. You bought the NPM and you say your happy with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it's short coming vs. the competition. Someone asked about it running lean. You have no clue how the NPM is running. Even if you don't touch a custom map on the JB1/JB4. You can see what it is doing and you can log it. It's a no brainer. I gues your old school though and will take your chances. I can see what my AFR is. I can see my timing. Glad your happy wondering

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

No because you can do that as well. Just set it for map 1 or 2. The good part is that you can log it. If you don't know what your looking at, you can email it to George or many other forum members. They can tell you what's what. The support is phenomenal. The NPM was great in its day. Things evolve though and they haven't

Backinblack

I'm the noobie who didn't do his research. Yes I should have bought the JB1 instead of the NPM but I'm happy with the increased performance over stock.

One thing I've noticed is once you get used to the power, it never seems like enough. I've been checking for boost leaks thinking something has come loose.

I may do a stage 1 tune eventually. These piggyback modules are a good introduction. Definitely worth it.