GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NA GTI -lighting package or no

Netcruzer

Canadian autobahns get xenons with dynamic light assist. The DLA was a surprise to me. It's impressively accurate. As soon as I see taillights or headlights it's already dipped for me. Very cool.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Canadian autobahns get xenons with dynamic light assist. The DLA was a surprise to me. It's impressively accurate. As soon as I see taillights or headlights it's already dipped for me. Very cool.

These aren't allowed in the US. Wonder if that'd be a possible retrofit in the Lighting Package.

ZPayne

These aren't allowed in the US. Wonder if that'd be a possible retrofit in the Lighting Package.

IIRC I believe all it requires is a bit of coding to get the feature. I think all cars with xenons have the capability but in certain markets where its illegal the feature is disabled and just needs to be re-enabled

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
IIRC I believe all it requires is a bit of coding to get the feature. I think all cars with xenons have the capability but in certain markets where its illegal the feature is disabled and just needs to be re-enabled

That'd be awesome. This is the part where they auto dim, correct?

MATTBEE

The lighting package was a MUST for my newly purchased 2015 GTI SE.

The lighting looks like crap without it! LED fog lights that are super white (That look awesome), and then yellow crappy headlight (Halogen) were disgusting looking. I couldn't imagine anyone buying one without the Xenon's :)

An additional $1,000 bucks figured into the total price of the vehicle, and like most of us require to finance a good portion of it, would raise your monthly payment 10-bucks! I would honestly think in the long-run when your ready to trade it, or sell it, the lighting package would re-coop it's initial investment.........

Just my 2-cents worth :)

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
They turn with the steering, which is totally rad! And it adds an extra Driver Profile. Normal steering + sport lights = 60 degrees of coverage or so.

Vs this:

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Interesting, the North American spec indicator is to the edge of the lights and vertical. The European models have a horizontal light under the red line on the GTi...

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Hey guys, so I noticed there's a "sport" or "normal" lighting in the driver profiles, what do these actually do?...

The normal setting makes the lights turn a bit less sharply (imagine walking with a flashlight and turning left or right). Instead of turning then illuminating, it shines the light where the steering wheel is pointed as opposed to the nose of the vehicle. It's really really neat. It splits the normal headlight into 2 light beams, do this little party trick and align themselves again when you make the turn to becomes 1 normal beam again. Same when the car is started, the lights move around then focus themselves like a person waking up in the lining. It's probably the coolest feature of this car so far. Drove down the Natzchez Trace the first night and it was pitch black. It's neat because you can make the head lights go left and right if you just nudge the wheel going straight. It's quite sensitive because of the 2.1 lock steering.

Also, and this needs further testing, the LED DRLs & fogs seem as strong as the Xenon headlights. If they could run together that would be awesome.

Last edited:

element515

Ready to race!
Do the standard halogen's not have the side light that illuminates the corners? I feel like I'm not going to pick up one with the lighting package because I don't need everything in the SE.

No one seems to have an S with the lighting package.