GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NA GTI -lighting package or no

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I was just about to pull the trigger on a 2015 GTI SE, but did not have lighting package. I also found out that none of the trim levels, even Autobahn include the Xenons.

I imagine its very expensive to upgrade a halogen car to Xenons later?

I would consider it, especially since one could buy the euro Xenons (without reflector) and the ones from an R or GTD; if it was an easy upgrade.

Is it just as hard as the MK6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIjeff

Here in OZ the xenon's are an extra $2k on a new car.
Trying to add them after delivery requires loom changes ( according to another thread ).
You also need quite a bit of coding done.
To be legal you will also need to install Head light washes and the level adjusting controls.

jjm51

Ready to race!
op-

i'm sure you know that the cars are just arriving at the dealerships. stock is really low right now.

patience. argh.

some of the cars do have the lighting package; you can tell if the car has it if the the red stripe (go jamaica!) runs thru the headlights.

i'm not sure on pricing. head over to vwvortex.com to get more specific details on options/pricing.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I got this from my dealer. For 1000 it seems it much smarter than trying to retrofit. As now I see Kufatec sells just the lights for 3000.

http://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/bi-xenon-headlight-led-dtrl-vw-golf-7

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Worth every penny. There's nothing like a well designed OEM bi-xenon adaptive set-up .. (minus the new all-LED set ups, of course). Unless you're having a high quality retro-fit done with proper xenon projectors, no drop in hid-kit comes close.

I have an adaptive bi-xenon set up on my CC, and it's great. Lights move with steering wheel & what not. I'm assuming the system on the GTI is similar

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Wouldn't buy without it. A) the Xenons function much better and are a safety feature B) they have the positive effect of standing out among the sea of dull cars out there C) the halogens project an image of "that guy cheaped out" (pun intended). Most dealers seem have got halogen cars in first but the lack of the red stripe probably made people say "I'll wait". Retrofitting them will be $1500+ BTW. You could get the LED tails for $600 or so and the factory Xenons for $995, then sell the factory tail lights for $5000 or so. It'd only end up costing you $1200 or so in the end for full lighting kit, not the 1/2 one we get here.

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Xenons make or break the car for me. They just look too damn good.

Yeah that. Especially a new German car. It makes people stare and say "wow a little luxury car" vs "what is that?" GF's S (delayed a week now) has that and DSG only. The LED DRLs are what do me in. To be honest, I prefer the R's headlights. Kept expecting to see them before realizing they are a the square instead. In person it may look better.
There is no way to differentiate an Autobahn from an S+lighting in fact it'll look better than a 'Bahn without it.

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
I have Dynamic Light Assist - Xenons that think for themselves.

You push the light stalk away fom you for 2 secs. This activates DLA. Then at over 60KPH (40mph) and out of city street lights, it switches to high beam.

It then detects oncoming traffic and drops a shutter to block out the beam round the approaching vehicle. It does similar with cars in front.

If you've ever seen DLA on other cars, it looks like the lights suddenly failed as they approach.

The overall effect is that manual dipping is unnecessary and the surrounding road and countryside is well light without dazzling others.

Not available in the UK and I suspect North America...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72Yjz-4AT0

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I have Dynamic Light Assist - Xenons that think for themselves.

You push the light stalk away fom you for 2 secs. This activates DLA. Then at over 60KPH (40mph) and out of city street lights, it switches to high beam.

It then detects oncoming traffic and drops a shutter to block out the beam round the approaching vehicle. It does similar with cars in front.

If you've ever seen DLA on other cars, it looks like the lights suddenly failed as they approach.

The overall effect is that manual dipping is unnecessary and the surrounding road and countryside is well light without dazzling others.

Not available in the UK and I suspect North America...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72Yjz-4AT0

This adaptive cruise would be awesome to have. Damn NHTSB. The Golf has "enough tech" but isn't overdone like a lot of cars. These things without all the other options would be a nice option.