GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
never showed this but this is the macan engine cover.

View attachment 292725

1696466900093.png

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Upbadge slut shaming.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Did you have to trim that at all for the 1.8T? I had to trim mine a little to accommodate some coolant hoses

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Last edited:

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Did you have to trim that at all for the 1.8T? I had to trim mine a little to accommodate some coolant hoses
yes, just a little bit for the coolant hose that runs to the overflow tank.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
it is an homage!!

plus theres only one VW powered Porsche SUV!

Funny thing about the RS2...had to double check info...
  • 17x7 inch Porsche "Cup" alloys with 245/40R17 tyres
  • 304x32mm or 322x32mm front discs clamped by 4 pot Brembo's
  • 299x24mm rear discs again clamped by 4 pot Brembo's
  • 2.2lt inline 5 cylinder turbocharged
  • 311BHP (315PS) & 302lbft (410Nm)
  • Unladen weight 1595kg

The MK7 Golf R estate by comparison its a 2lt turbocharged, with 300PS, & 380Nm, similar weight of 1593kg with bigger discs, but with cheap crappy sliding fist single piston calipers!

Also I did wonder why my car looked familiar!!......(312mm discs with 17x7inch five spoke rally style alloys with 225/45R17 tyres) (my car weight just above 1354kgs)

winter-2017.jpg

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Looking ace!

Have you considered a black roof spoiler? I think that could really tie in nicely

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Looking ace!

Have you considered a black roof spoiler? I think that could really tie in nicely
i have a knockoff oettinger rear wing for a regular hatch that i plan on modifying to fit the car and then paint it gloss black.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
current plans over the winter are to source and purchase the golf r rear bumper cover and ""diffuser"" element from either e-acca or somewhere, the garage vary fender extensions from nihon and get everything for the golf r front cover from our VW dealer in group. then when spring hits gonna apr stage 1 87 tune it and potentially add golf r front brakes.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
current plans over the winter are to source and purchase the golf r rear bumper cover and ""diffuser"" element from either e-acca or somewhere, the garage vary fender extensions from nihon and get everything for the golf r front cover from our VW dealer in group. then when spring hits gonna apr stage 1 87 tune it and potentially add golf r front brakes.
This sounds dope. Interested in the process. Also, ever think of colour matching the wheel accents? The green is awesome but a matching blue would look insanely sharp. Are they stickers?

edit.jpg

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
part of the 2024 transformation is going to be converting the front and rear into a golf r wagon replica.

today i ordered all the frivolous bullshit needed for the front cover.

so the towhook cover, washer squirter covers, everything for the side grilles, the main lower grille, the lower spoiler etc from our VW dealer. next phase will be the front cover itself, and then the three brushed aluminum trim pieces that at my price are $360 for the three of them instead of someone making black plastic versions smh.