GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
lately i've been semi-contemplating about instead of running the normal Golf R wagon rear diffuser element, how difficult it might be to adapt the center exit style one you could get as an accessory for the normal hatch. obviously at this point the muffler would need to be before the spare tire well and the rest of the piping would have to go around the tire well before joining and exiting at the back.

1696016631029.png

1696017049038.png

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
lately i've been semi-contemplating about instead of running the normal Golf R wagon rear diffuser element, how difficult it might be to adapt the center exit style one you could get as an accessory for the normal hatch. obviously at this point the muffler would need to be before the spare tire well and the rest of the piping would have to go around the tire well before joining and exiting at the back.

View attachment 291581

View attachment 291583

The rear end of that 2nd one looks so clean for some reason. There's something about it that I can't put my finger on. Looks so much more clean than the first...

tigeo

Autocross Champion
how many people here have used e-acca to order parts?

i know @tigeo has for certain pieces, what's the process to order from them?
It's pretty self-explanatory. You basically order and pay then they email you when the order is confirmed...I've had several things get bounced back for my W8 that were shown as available but weren't so refunded.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
It's pretty self-explanatory. You basically order and pay then they email you when the order is confirmed...I've had several things get bounced back for my W8 that were shown as available but weren't so refunded.
is shipping calculated at time of order or after the confirmation?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
is shipping calculated at time of order or after the confirmation?
I think at time of? Just order something and find out hahah....it's always the cheapest place for OE parts.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I actually saw a GTI a couple weeks ago with the center exit exhaust and thought it looked pretty good! Would be neat to see that on the GSW!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Central exhaust on the GSW is virtually impossible to do due to the metalwork of the spare wheel well that is in the way...You'd have to remove the lower section of the bumper & fit it behind that...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Central exhaust on the GSW is virtually impossible to do due to the metalwork of the spare wheel well that is in the way...You'd have to remove the lower section of the bumper & fit it behind that...

Woodski:

giphy (63).gif

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I planned on just putting a muffler in the midpipe before the rear axle and run the pipes around the spare tire well and meet up in the middle in the back.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
View attachment 292635

i just need to know how much room is between the bottom of the rear bumper cover and the spare tire well lol

The bottom of the bumper is about 1inch from the rear most edge of the spare wheel well...Basically you have to run the pipes in the space where the lower valance of the bumper is (fake alu look in photo).