GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

Volkswagen Life

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, that MK7 looks sweet! What did you do to smoke out the tail lights? They look like they came from the factory like that.

If you check out his build thread it outlines everything he has done to his car, I remember reading it in its entirety a couple weeks back. I would recommend getting it tinted at a shop as those tail lights are quite tricky to get the tint perfect yourself. If you are experienced, or have done tints before, then that's a different story.

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
you'll have to remove the wheels to have access to the points of the car where you'll drill a couple holes. Really easy to do since you are drilling into plastic/felt material. Not a big chance you could hit metal or anything, just make sure you line it up well first.

Is that the only way to install them? The wheels absolutely must come off? I was considering purchasing a set but I don't have the driveway (its an incline) or equipment (aside from car's jack) to remove the tires. Is this something that a tire shop or mechanic would install if I provided the parts?

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Last edited:

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
A couple of pics of the front Chinese mudflaps at £12.49 (for all 4). Yet to fit rears, but look just as good.

GVII Front side.jpg

GVII Rear side.jpg

Last edited:

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Doesn't look much difference for £70?!

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Just fitted rear Chinese mudflaps, well impressed for not a lot of dosh.

GVII Rear Front Side.jpg

GVII Rear Rear Side.jpg

drum-al

Installed rear mudflaps last weekend - only because I like how they look. Not sure if I'll get a pair for the front. (have them on my 2006 Jetta - but that car came them)

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Installed a set of mud flaps a couple of weeks ago, and Cobb county started repaving our neighborhood last week. They are tar flaps now, and they make more of a difference than I thought they would, especially at lower speeds. Just a couple of small spots down the sides and nothing on the hatch so far. The globs on the flaps themselves came off pretty easily, probably since they are new but now they have a nice coating of 303 I"m hoping will make the next cleaning just as easy. I"ll be glad when the new asphalt cures and all the little "crumbs" are gone!