2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
May 4, 2024 - 115,012 miles (BLACK)

Just passed 115k miles on my Black R!

1714854964856.png

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Noticed you're in Ohio, do they salt their roads or do they use sand? I'm 2 hours East of Detroit and the salt absolutely rips up the underside. Do you get undercoatings done?

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
Noticed you're in Ohio, do they salt their roads or do they use sand? I'm 2 hours East of Detroit and the salt absolutely rips up the underside. Do you get undercoatings done?
They use salt here. The previous owner had a carwash membership so I think that saved the underside. Surprisingly, the Black R with 115k miles is just slightly worst than the White R with 37k miles. The White R came from Connecticut though and the Black has been in Ohio its entire life.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I find removing and cleaning behind the fender liners and side skirts saves a lot of headache. I've also been getting everything coated once a year but I've already had a bunch of refurbishing done through VW corrosion warranty. Pain in the ass, eventually it's unavoidable unless they're garaged for the winter.

Also this build thread is a funny coincidence, my partner and I have matching black/white golfs.
Love the builds so far, keep the updates coming (y)

1715021872894.png