GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MQB - P20200 Fault - EPC

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Morning guys. Helping my brother in law out with his car.

2018 Tiguan with 86,888mi. Epc light is on along with check engine light and “max engine speed 4000 rpm”

Scanned with obd11 and a fuel injector cyl 2 fault P20200 is shown.
What’s your experience with this issue?

I will be doing the maintenance for him most likely so I’m thinking full enjector set and possibly a walnut blasting.

22FBCB79-F220-4EEF-A89B-CD16799B2220.png

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Looks like that injector is failing, I had a P0204/43CE cyl.4 injector circuit fault when a 44km old Golf R injector from a parted out VW test mule was broken and not tested properly. Fun times finding out after job is done. :LOL:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
My neighbor who is an outboard engine mechanic was talking about a pigtail that he has at his shop that he can plug into the harness to see if the injector is getting signal. Haven’t seen a tool like that for VWs. Never needed yet either

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Issue has been resolved. I purchase a fuel injector harness, had to remove the intake manifold and replace the harness, part#06L971627AB.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Wanted to update this post. 2 weeks after I replaced the T8 harness the owner of the car received a notification from VW that this exacts issue has been deemed a significant issue and that they will cover all associated costs up to 120k mi.
I purchased the parts from VW and plan on typing up an invoice for them to submit so I can be compensated for my time. VW charges up to $200/hr from what I was told by a few shops for this time of diagnosis and repair.