GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 torque vectoring Haldex retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would have expected the torque vectoring units to be on suspension/running gear can bus, just like the older generation haldex. I was just going by the wiring diagrams, in the order posted.

Not saying it made sense, but with you having no communication in addition to the wiring diagram showing a different bus, figured it was worth looking into.

In my experience it's strange to see no comms... assuming the wiring is correct and the module(s) are good. Often on the first power-up after connecting a new retrofit to the bus I see the gateway complaining about something on the can bus that has not been added to the installation list.

Another dumb question, but a mistake I've made numerous times at the TIUL couplers (which is why I don't go there anymore)... are you sure connected to the correct "side" of it?
I've disconnected to tie in and realized I connected to the side that goes to other modules, instead of the "gateway" side.

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
yes, good question, i took the side that's connected to the car ;)

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
Gateway SW version updated from AA to AG to AR 5502 (conti gateway). No dataset needed. WIll connect the torque vectoring modules later this week.

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
I don't think i'll get them back lol

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't think i'll get them back lol
I'd say it's more likely than not that you would get them back, haha. My TDI doesn't even have independent rear suspension. And being in California I need to keep my DEF tank for emissions so there's not even any hope for something as comparatively simple as a suspension swap.

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
Who said it should be easy?

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
emissions delete is a bit of a no-go I guess

do you happen to know anything about gateway HW, SW and datasets? I'm running HW C gateway with SW AA-AC-AG-AR as needed, but with AA dataset.
Can't talk to 8126/8127 adresses no matter what I try. I'm suspecting either wrong CAN network or gateway incompatible.

The reference arteon is HW E, SW AR from factory so I'm guessing also AR dataset

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
emissions delete is a bit of a no-go I guess

do you happen to know anything about gateway HW, SW and datasets? I'm running HW C gateway with SW AA-AC-AG-AR as needed, but with AA dataset.
Can't talk to 8126/8127 adresses no matter what I try. I'm suspecting either wrong CAN network or gateway incompatible.

The reference arteon is HW E, SW AR from factory so I'm guessing also AR dataset
I don't know specifically about the gateway... although I will do some digging, for sure want to see you get this going. I do (think I) know that there are not new datasets for every software version, at least with some modules. For example, the 2Q0 camera dataset for the the last couple software versions is the same... if I've interpreted what I've read properly.

Although some quick scanning through the comments on a Drive2 post say AC through AR have the same dataset. AA is not mentioned. I suppose is not confirmation that an AA dataset is not compatible, only it's not mentioned in the comment. Unfortunately VCDS doesn't show the dataset.

iichel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat B8
Yep I found the same info indeed. Usually the gateway will complain about an incompatible dataset as soon as SW is out of spec anyway.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
True, I've updated software on other modules and seen faults for incorrect/missing dataset... Camera and DCC module come to mind, though I was aware and prepared in both cases.

None of what we know helps us thus far, haha. On the contrary it makes it even weirder that you're not at least able to communicate with them.