GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs Genesis...

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Same, and I'm IS38 FBO tuned. But to show how slow Genesis coupes are, I could barely beat Stage bro subaru's and FBO ST's beat it from a roll

Stage bro? FBO? I would think my Golf is faster than the majority of cars on the road but compared to Porsches and stuff it's really not too amazing. Especially when I'm used to road racing which is a whole new level of rush haha. Still super fun to drive daily and beat on Honda's and Subaru's

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Wow so many fan boys on here. I do love my gti but it's not all that and then some! Again the stock 3.8 runs mid 13's. It will out handle the gti! Plus it's rear wheel drive so it's a actual "sports" car. Yeah I could have spent $5800 and turbo'd it and had almost 500 whp. They are two separate kinds of cars.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Wow so many fan boys on here. I do love my gti but it's not all that and then some! Again the stock 3.8 runs mid 13's. It will out handle the gti! Plus it's rear wheel drive so it's a actual "sports" car. Yeah I could have spent $5800 and turbo'd it and had almost 500 whp. They are two separate kinds of cars.

GTI's are in the 12's all day long with stock turbo... it's too heavy and fat to be a sports car. Maybe you could call it a Grand Tourer or something.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Quickest All Motor Genesis Coupe In North America**

13.15 @ 105.87 09/02/11 On The Motor and 12.33 with nitrous injection. according to http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/31841-official-gencoupe-1-4-mile-times-25.html

Where is the fanboy aspect? These are hard numbers.

bjarvis6336

Passed Driver's Ed
Stage bro? FBO? I would think my Golf is faster than the majority of cars on the road but compared to Porsches and stuff it's really not too amazing. Especially when I'm used to road racing which is a whole new level of rush haha. Still super fun to drive daily and beat on Honda's and Subaru's

Yeah living in the northeast we have a lot of Subaru's, the community is littered with them its awful most of them are young kids who think they're extremely fast. I don't think a single one has the original long block in it :confused:
I used to autocross my coupe, it was never made to be anything more than a grand touring car

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Quickest All Motor Genesis Coupe In North America**

13.15 @ 105.87 09/02/11 On The Motor and 12.33 with nitrous injection. according to http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/31841-official-gencoupe-1-4-mile-times-25.html

Where is the fanboy aspect? These are hard numbers.
Nobody loads their times on the Genesis coupe forums. That one listed has the old 3.8 not the new one! Just saying, you start adding up the money to get 375 whp on the gti.. Intercooler, tune, Dsg tune (or clutch), is38, downpipe... That's like a Turbo kit for a Genesis 3.8. With near 500whp on low boost. Not gonna argue I've owned the newer gen and a gti. The Genesis coupe is a blast to drive.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Yeah living in the northeast we have a lot of Subaru's, the community is littered with them its awful most of them are young kids who think they're extremely fast. I don't think a single one has the original long block in it :confused:
I used to autocross my coupe, it was never made to be anything more than a grand touring car
So you're saying the gti is more of a "sports" car? Right

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Nobody loads their times on the Genesis coupe forums. That one listed has the old 3.8 not the new one! Just saying, you start adding up the money to get 375 whp on the gti.. Intercooler, tune, Dsg tune (or clutch), is38, downpipe... That's like a Turbo kit for a Genesis 3.8. With near 500whp on low boost. Not gonna argue I've owned the newer gen and a gti. The Genesis coupe is a blast to drive.

You said $5,800. With $5,800 you could also easily have a golf R making the same power and it would still be faster and have AWD O__o there’s really no comparison

https://m.turbokits.com/hyundai/gen...com_genesis_coupe_3.8l_single_turbo_kit/1888/

Yeah you need some actual evidence to back up these claims ... I’m sure it’s possible but now with what you’re claiming