GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
How long do y’all’s front wipers last? 6 mo and mine are starting to fail and leave streaks

Do you clean the actual rubber blade? Pretty much every time I do a detail on my car I clean the blade with a rag and Windex, or rubbing alcohol.

I replace mine annually.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Do you clean the actual rubber blade? Pretty much every time I do a detail on my car I clean the blade with a rag and Windex, or rubbing alcohol.

I replace mine annually.
I've never cleaned mine with rubbing alcohol.....interesting. I'll try that and see if it helps.....if not, I'll replace and institute that methodology

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How long do y’all’s front wipers last? 6 mo and mine are starting to fail and leave streaks
3+ years on my Bosch Icons, but my car is garaged most of the time. I do however, use the shit out of my windshield wiper fluid.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
How do I access inside the rear door where the window mechanism would be? I popped the door card loose hoping to vacuum out all the broken glass from a smashed window but the Only way I could see was to drill the speaker out? Wife’s 2018 Tiguan if that makes a difference but I'm assuming they’re similar.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

TSI 1.8 Alpha

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 mk7 1.8 TSI Gol
So I had similar issues with APR coils, two of the four went bad and were causing misfires. Did a big shuffle of apr and oem coils until the second one went. When it went cyl 3 would just constantly misfire, even at idle. Had the packs maybe 7k miles, oems had 50k and are still going strong.

If you have your stock coils, swap one to cyl 3 or whatever misfire cylinder you're having and see if it goes away.

Got mine from FCP, so at least I can send them back.
I am an idiot. Spark plugs weren't tight enough. Been good for a week now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Need to start gathering replacement pads/rotors for my TT RS front bbk.......anyone have experience with Paragon? They offer 2 piece floating for 1150

or Girodisc.....they offer same type of floating for about the same.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: krs

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Need to start gathering replacement pads/rotors for my TT RS front bbk.......anyone have experience with Paragon? They offer 2 piece floating for 1150

or Girodisc.....they offer same type of floating for about the same.
I bought Girodisc replacements for the ST40 Kit I had. Easy enough to follow, they suggested a wicking, Red loctite for the hardware, and included fresh hardware. Install was easy enough, but you may need a baby (1/4") torque wrench.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I bought Girodisc replacements for the ST40 Kit I had. Easy enough to follow, they suggested a wicking, Red loctite for the hardware, and included fresh hardware. Install was easy enough, but you may need a baby (1/4") torque wrench.
So I’m moving from OEM rotors to Giro disc, so I’m assuming they will come pre-assembled. I need to verify with them about that.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
So I’m moving from OEM rotors to Giro disc, so I’m assuming they will come pre-assembled. I need to verify with them about that.
Oh if they're direct replacements, they should be coming assembled.

But even if they don't, instructions are clear enough that a 6 year old with some patience could do it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Oh if they're direct replacements, they should be coming assembled.

But even if they don't, instructions are clear enough that a 6 year old with some patience could do it.
awesome...lol....thanks!

Still rocking that ST40? How is it?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
awesome...lol....thanks!

Still rocking that ST40? How is it?
ST40 is gone, unfortunately. Took it off the GTI when I sold that one, and now am waiting for a 355mm one to pop up in the classifieds.

Loved it though, no complaints. Porterfield R4S pads were also quite nice.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Saw this today since I have everything gutted except the carpet on sides. Pull one back and saw this. I know its supposed to b black. Is that mold? I assume it is. The piece is ruined. What material is this? It’s like a sponge. Can I order a sponge like this and glue it on. Or rove it e
IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2263.jpeg
IMG_2264.jpeg