GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Ok I think I just learned something, but need to confirm.

While purchasing LED low beams from DeAutoLED. It was explained to me that even though there are 2 circular lens's, there is only 1 single bulb for High and Low beam?

How does that work exactly?
Only one is functional if I remember correctly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Micah247

Ready to race!
So it's not just that U shape that's fake, it's the circular lens on the inside as well! :(

Oh and feeling really dumb about the U question cause the answer was right in front of me this whole time.

I was just reading about a guy in Germany that did mod his GTI headlights to have the golf R part. Time and patience.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11196&page=2

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
So it's not just that U shape that's fake, it's the circular lens on the inside as well! :(

Oh and feeling really dumb about the U question cause the answer was right in front of me this whole time.

Don't quote me on it, I don't know for sure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Well, I have trolled the archives and search functions for a good answer. Will the Borla S-type muffler fit under the GTI? As in around the stock location of the resonator? Where would be a good place otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
What's the diameter? I know a 6" magnaflow will fit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

While purchasing LED low beams from DeAutoLED. It was explained to me that even though there are 2 circular lens's, there is only 1 single bulb for High and Low beam?

Assuming you have the LP, the Xenon lens has a shutter in it which opens to allow more light output for high beams. If you have halogens then you should have one bulb for low beam and one for high beam.

Some cars, BMW for instance, have the Xenon lens do low / high beam, and then will have a third halogen bulb to use for "passing" flashing. But those are older ones when Xenon technology wasn't where it is today.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

It's a bi-xenon using a shutter that controls whether or not to blind the people in front of you.

The inside just has an LED "dot" as some of us call it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
Stupid misc. question, I have an oil extractor and haven't dumped oil from the container I use and wanted to change oil tomorrow. Will it hurt the extractor if I leave the oil I extract from the car inside of it for a while? Like does it need to be emptied after use or can it double as a container for the oil until I can get another container for it?

czr7

I have a 17 with Fender Audio. For the audio source switching from say bluetooth one day to radio the next day, the volume goes really low, like inaudible. Is there a setting to keep the volume the same and not automatically go low?

SM075180

Ready to race!
I have a 17 with Fender Audio. For the audio source switching from say bluetooth one day to radio the next day, the volume goes really low, like inaudible. Is there a setting to keep the volume the same and not automatically go low?

There are presets in the sound>volume menu if I’m not mistaken. You can select high, mid or low settings for your different sources. Apologies if that’s not the correct way to get to the right menus- it’s in there somewhere just dig. I’m not in the car right now so I can’t fact check myself. Send me a message and I’ll help out more specifically if you need!

You can also manually set a max startup volume- be sure this isn’t set super low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Stupid misc. question, I have an oil extractor and haven't dumped oil from the container I use and wanted to change oil tomorrow. Will it hurt the extractor if I leave the oil I extract from the car inside of it for a while? Like does it need to be emptied after use or can it double as a container for the oil until I can get another container for it?
idk but if it does mess it up it's a design flaw. I would leave it in till I drank my milk. This is a good reason to buy oil in gallon jugs rather than qts

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
idk but if it does mess it up it's a design flaw. I would leave it in till I drank my milk. This is a good reason to buy oil in gallon jugs rather than qts
I remember someone saying his was squirting oil due to leaving it in there. I just poor mine into milk jugs, vegetable oil jugs, whatever I've been collecting for recycling.

tknj99

Ready to race!
I remember someone saying his was squirting oil due to leaving it in there. I just poor mine into milk jugs, vegetable oil jugs, whatever I've been collecting for recycling.

There will ofcourse be alittle left even after pouring it out of the extractor, but i dont think that hurts anything, mine (Schwaben) is heavy duty plastic from the looks of it.