GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
I tried that screen protector. Its a POS. The were cut terrible. Both directions were wrong size and they weren't even square. Botched the first one because the cut was wrong. Trimmed the 2nd one so it fit but 1 day later the edges were lifting up. Ripped if off and thru it in the trash.

Haven't looked for an alternative.

Thanks! I cancelled the order. I’m so grateful for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD-1

Ready to race!
new mk7.5 with 600 miles. Both headlights have condensation, I'm reading its normal, but is this normal for the life of the car or just for right now?

cb1111

new mk7.5 with 600 miles. Both headlights have condensation, I'm reading its normal, but is this normal for the life of the car or just for right now?
The lights aren't sealed beams, so moisture gets in and condenses. It is a weather related thing and has nothing to do with VW.

JD-1

Ready to race!
The lights aren't sealed beams, so moisture gets in and condenses. It is a weather related thing and has nothing to do with VW.

So this is just something that will always happen when it goes from 50 degrees in the day to 35 degrees at night? :confused:

Halewafa

Passed Driver's Ed
You can turn the honk off for all doors, including the hatch, in the settings. Unfortunately there is no volume control, I like having the honk but it’s super loud so I eventually turned it off.

What MEM said. Also unfortunately, there is no individual control for just the hatch. It's either all or none. I got sick of the honk after about a month of owning the car and have had it turned off ever since.

Thanks! I just disabled everything, much better!

Micah247

Ready to race!
Daytime Running Lights

Have a 2015 golf hatch with lighting package. It has the daytime running lights that look like square angel eyes. I noticed that only my outer ones are illuminated. I started looking up pictures and found examples where both were illuminated.

Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is it a coding tweak?

Here are examples of both.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Only the R has both the U's lit up. For non LP cars, you can purchase replica lights that light up both which is commonly used on GTI's and Golf's.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Ahhhh I see. So theoretically shouldn't I be able to change that in coding? Or did they not run the wires in the wiring harness unless it's an R?

Negative. No bulbs/wires to those spots on the GTI. Sad times for us GTI guys

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Is there a way to make your car not honk when you close the hatch and the car is locked? I keep forgetting to unlock my car in the morning before closing the hatch and it honks at 6:30am

Yeah it's in the options on the headunit.

Under car, press I think it's either setup or options(lower right corner of the screen)

Lol literally one of the first things I did when I got it home from the dealer.

Reading>me

You already did it

Last edited:

JD-1

Ready to race!
My car's performance monitor (hitting the car button) shows the g meter twice, then something else. Its no longer showing the boost psi meter. Any idea?

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
My car's performance monitor (hitting the car button) shows the g meter twice, then something else. Its no longer showing the boost psi meter. Any idea?

You can scroll each one of the gauges up and down to cycle through them

Just swipe up

Micah247

Ready to race!
Negative. No bulbs/wires to those spots on the GTI. Sad times for us GTI guys

Ok I think I just learned something, but need to confirm.

While purchasing LED low beams from DeAutoLED. It was explained to me that even though there are 2 circular lens's, there is only 1 single bulb for High and Low beam?

How does that work exactly?