GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
If they don't have a DOT certification stay away.

Anyone with a DOT certification (and label) is fine.

Even with a dot cert I had a line fail on track and result in a tiny/slow leak that caused severe fade at even low speeds. I see it as a freak accident, but it's always a risk with any part.
Thanks. The only ones I see that are certified and have a label are the Stoptech lines, so I guess I'll go with those.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Thanks. The only ones I see that are certified and have a label are the Stoptech lines, so I guess I'll go with those.
Super secret sauce... There's only a few companies that actually go to the lengths required to get dot certified. They typically just white label their stuff to resellers.

Notably, the racing line brake lines are made by good ridge. Good ridge makes a lot of them...

Stoptech is dot certified and make their own, not sure if they white label but I'd bet they do.

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Think my ac is on the way out the condenser was leaking when I did the intercooler install in the winter..

Pavel Jesenik

Car(s)
VW Golf 7
Hi everyone
I'm having trouble searching my contacts in Golf 7 Bluemotion
When I select contacts then tap Find -the keyboard is all greyed out and won’t let me select any letter number or symbol meaning I have to scroll through my whole phone book to select .
I have new infotainment firmware
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks for help

Attachments

• 20240430_120524.jpg
    20240430_120524.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How quick do your exhaust tips turn black?

Within 200 miles, mine are jet black again with soot.

Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
20240502_062438025_iOS.jpg

20240502_065109380_iOS.jpg

The OEM DV of IS38 is the one in the bottom (2nd photo).
OEM 06H145710C

A friend gave me one with part number 06H145710D.
This supposed to be newer revision? Anyway I've already installed it, but do we know which is better to keep?

Also some inlet inspection
20240502_064048782_iOS.jpg

20240502_064045584_iOS.jpg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Hi everyone
I'm having trouble searching my contacts in Golf 7 Bluemotion
When I select contacts then tap Find -the keyboard is all greyed out and won’t let me select any letter number or symbol meaning I have to scroll through my whole phone book to select .
I have new infotainment firmware
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks for help
I know here in the states, Android Auto by default is not allowed to utilize the keyboard under certain conditions -- and this is controlled by the vehicle, and not by the device. You may need to allow keyboard usage using VCDS. However, I don't know if that is a worldwide restriction or not, just a thought.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
did a E30 log on my AP.....it saved it as a csv.gz.....what the crap is that? I did a log on it after an update a few days ago and saved the log as a regular .csv

I changed nothing.

Can I convert to .csv?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
did a E30 log on my AP.....it saved it as a csv.gz.....what the crap is that? I did a log on it after an update a few days ago and saved the log as a regular .csv

I changed nothing.

Can I convert to .csv?
.gz files are compatible with Linux based systems, at the core they are UNIX, so Mac's (Apple) and Android OS can view them and of course any standard Linux OS. SUSE, Redhat, Ubuntu etc.

-You can convert with 7zip on Windows.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Is this from my car? Was sitting in the passenger side floor, doesn’t look familiar, and can’t see where it would have come from. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IMG_6339.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
.gz files are compatible with Linux based systems, at the core they are UNIX, so Mac's (Apple) and Android OS can view them and of course any standard Linux OS. SUSE, Redhat, Ubuntu etc.

-You can convert with 7zip on Windows.
Uhhhhhhh
I’m dumb
How?

Edit …. Got it

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah gz is gzip and a default zip format on some Linux distros. 7zip usually works, just don't get it from sketchy sources. There have been supply chain attacks on some 7zip mirrors recently 🙄
Odd that it just started happening too