GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTi is38 vs Ford Focus RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmb

Banned
Nah, he's making good power. He ran my buddies mk6 k04 FBO unitronic tuned and they were almost dead even.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Nah, he's making good power. He ran my buddies mk6 k04 FBO unitronic tuned and they were almost dead even.

Hmmm but now that's confusing because IS38 kills K04 FBO

ironmb

Banned
Doubtful, dyno numbers puts k04's in the 350 range. If i had to guess i'm probably sitting at 380.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Doubtful, dyno numbers puts k04's in the 350 range. If i had to guess i'm probably sitting at 380.

Most K04s I've seen dyno 300-320whp, maybe 330whp. I can't say I've seen one in the 350 range.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

I don't think you're sitting at 380whp with a unitronic tune. They are the most conservative tune and like to keep it safe. APR and Eurodyne might be in the 380 range especially with the adjustable file Eurodyne has right now. For sure a stacked IS38 will be in that range, but not a basic bolted Unitronic IS38... sorry man not trying to crush anyone's soul, but I'm pretty sure a APR IS38 would walk that RS much harder.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I don't think you're sitting at 380whp with a unitronic tune. They are the most conservative tune and like to keep it safe. APR and Eurodyne might be in the 380 range especially with the adjustable file Eurodyne has right now. For sure a stacked IS38 will be in that range, but not a basic bolted Unitronic IS38... sorry man not trying to crush anyone's soul, but I'm pretty sure a APR IS38 would walk that RS much harder.

X2.

ironmb

Banned
I highly doubt a APR would "walk this focus any better. The focus is full bolt ons and protuned and on radials. People are just fanboying the fuck out of this thread with the APR shit. The same APR that has amazing RSC technology in their exhausts. I'll dyno my gti on a dynojet Friday. I'll post numbers so the salty APR fanboys can claim Photoshop. And even then ill-informed people claiming k04s are slow ... Lol.

mattd502

Ready to race!
I highly doubt a APR would "walk this focus any better. The focus is full bolt ons and protuned and on radials. People are just fanboying the fuck out of this thread with the APR shit. The same APR that has amazing RSC technology in their exhausts. I'll dyno my gti on a dynojet Friday. I'll post numbers so the salty APR fanboys can claim Photoshop. And even then ill-informed people claiming k04s are slow ... Lol.

I don't think anyone's calling k04s slow but yeah an is38 mk7 is must faster. Theres multiple examples on youtube of is20 apr stage 2 gti's beating k04 mk6's.

Also I don't have an apr tune before I get called a fanboy just calling it as I see it.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

I'm neither a performance brand fanboy or a fanboy of my MK7. Ive nearly cussed out my Eurodyne support through email. Im a Porsche fanboy if that helps. I'm going based on the information out there... I'm Eurodyne and I admit that APR has the fastest trapped cars as far as a basic ots tune.. the info is out there.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Man nobody is trying to rain on your party, it's just that something doesn't add up.

1) I was surprised to see the RS do that well from a roll against an IS38, so I commented "that's one fast RS".
2) You then said it ran dead even with a K04, which doesn't make sense because the K04 would only be a bit slower than your IS38, when most K04s run even with stage 2 IS20s.
3) Then you said K04s dyno 350... But I've never seen a 350whp K04.
4) Your car is no doubt fast as fuck, but 380whp is doutbful claim because AFAIK IS38 runs 360whp without WMI and I've seen a couple run exactly 380whp with WMI. However all the Uni tunes I've seen were the most conservative compared to GIAC, APR and Eurodyne. Idk how true this is of their IS38 tunes.

Nobody said your car or K04s were slow. All these cars are faster than mine currently. Something just doesn't add up, which could even be a result of one car or the other heatsoaking.

Your car is no doubt fast, even if it's at 360whp, though I will gladly eat my words if you really do dyno 380whp. However without WMI and with your unitronic IC which is not exactly amazing for IS38, I have some doubts about 380whp.

Status
Not open for further replies.