GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI 6MT with APR IS38 turbo - Clutch options

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi guys.
Just installed a IS38 Turbo upgrade on a friends GTI.
I also installed the APR intercooler and DP. As always the APR hw is of great quality. Super fun to install.

The car has been APR stage 1 from start (2014)
He haven't had problems what's so ever but wanted some more power.

The car is equipped with 6MT and the question is now how long the clutch will hold.

What is our options here on clutch upgrade?

Thanks for helping

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Thanks.
The TTRS kit is the one I was thinking of.
Will it hold the IS38 turbo?
The links provided is one telling about stage 1 and 2.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Thanks.

You can find pages of testimonials here. It seems to hold K04 and small big turbo power just fine. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80958

Read through it if you got the chance. It is the same kit, but with the hardware to work with the MK7.

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Thanks.

I have the RSR (TTRS kit) on my Golf R with stage 1 HT, and it's been holding for 5k+ miles just fine.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I have the RSR (TTRS kit) on my Golf R with stage 1 HT, and it's been holding for 5k+ miles just fine.

Thanks. I'll try the TTRS kit with dmf.
I'll report back.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I'm quite happy so far with my Southbend Stage II Daily clutch w/ SMFW. It feels real nice, it's rated to 465lbs, heard from many that I trust that it's more than enough for IS38. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, but I honestly wish I would've gone ahead and went with Stage III Daily just to be safe. This is mainly because I plan to rebuild the IS38 in the future to put out a bit more power.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I'm quite happy so far with my Southbend Stage II Daily clutch w/ SMFW. It feels real nice, it's rated to 465lbs, heard from many that I trust that it's more than enough for IS38. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, but I honestly wish I would've gone ahead and went with Stage III Daily just to be safe. This is mainly because I plan to rebuild the IS38 in the future to put out a bit more power.

TTE?