GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
Had 485 Designs here in Denver area fab up a custom midpipe with the Vibrant 17950 today for my R.
If anyone is in the Denver area and looking for a really good fabricator/custom exhaust work Nick is great to work with and very meticulous.
https://www.485designs.net
Thanks again to Jake for the suggestion to add the 17950 based on what I was looking for. After I added the Vortex turbo here recently I was looking for a more deep and rich OEM+ exhaust tone with no real increase in volume and I think the addition of the 17950 has accomplished that. For reference I have a IE catted DP, BCS Powervalve Res delete, and then the stock R suitcase muffler.

View attachment 191005

View attachment 191006

View attachment 191007
Man, this seems perfect.

Any sound clips of this set up?

CS!

Passed Driver's Ed
Brilliant work!!!
I was actually asking if the 1795 can be used as an alternative to the 17950 on the 7.5R’s where space seems to be a constraint.
i have no personal experience, but basing my comment on one of the posts above where the 17950 seems to be the lowest point under the car.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Brilliant work!!!
I was actually asking if the 1795 can be used as an alternative to the 17950 on the 7.5R’s where space seems to be a constraint.
i have no personal experience, but basing my comment on one of the posts above where the 17950 seems to be the lowest point under the car.

No, it cannot.

Cant help some shops won’t do a great job with installation, that’s not the 17950 fault

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
No, it cannot.

Cant help some shops won’t do a great job with installation, that’s not the 17950 fault
Jake have you installed a 17950 on an R? Not sure if you are referring to the shop that did my work, but as far as I can tell 485 designs couldn't have mounted it up much tighter

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jake have you installed a 17950 on an R? Not sure if you are referring to the shop that did my work, but as far as I can tell 485 designs couldn't have mounted it up much tighter

I have on several AWD cars including R (a few are pictured).

I’d have to go back through to find pictures of your car, but yeah if it’s one that’s been posted here I have yet to see anyone else tuck it up in where it isn’t the lowest point. To do so requires completely changing the routing of the DP & CBE

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I have on several AWD cars including R (a few are pictured).

I’d have to go back through to find pictures of your car, but yeah if it’s one that’s been posted here I have yet to see anyone else tuck it up in where it isn’t the lowest point. To do so requires completely changing the routing of the DP & CBE

Vibrant#3.jpg

They did change routing as best they could. Nick at 485 tucked it up as much as possible on right side of driveshaft. He used what he could of the IE DP midpipe and then had to custom fab from 17950 to BCS res delete

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I thought 485 only worked on bikes. The place up in Littleton no?
Lots of bikes but lots of custom car exhausts. He was doing up an R8 first time I was in there and had a Gallardo in there when I went back in the next time. Does lots of Audi's I believe

Last edited: