GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
My wait time with cars245 was just a tad bit under 2 weeks from the order to my door step. Super fast but also I got the no fog ones.

Just wanted to confirm that the rear NON-fogs part number below is same as your - true?

Left inner - 5G0945307Q w/o rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945308P w/o rear fog

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just wanted to confirm that the rear NON-fogs part number below is same as your - true?

All numbers are listed on page 1......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
All numbers are listed on page 1......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes that's where I got them from.
I'm just confirming because of the odd numbering convention & the uncertainty of them yourself less than 30 days ago... ;)

Just placed my order with Cars245. Was $598 after shipping to the US.

Spent the last 3 hours reading all pages from 1 up to 89.
Saw all the trials & tribulations & the annoying joe from NJ who kept asking for the parts info to be spoon fed to him like a baby.
Was in the Paypal page hemming & hawing about buying them & accidentally pressed the confirm button.

LOL. $598 also.

Here is my order for non-fogs, I posted pictures a couple pages back if you want to double check.

Thanks. Looks like a match :D

Last edited:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Just ordered mine yesterday from Cars245 along with a harness from JBale.

Can't wait.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

Here is my order for non-fogs, I posted pictures a couple pages back if you want to double check.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yes that's where I got them from.
I'm just confirming because of the odd numbering convention & the uncertainty of them yourself less than 30 days ago... ;)

Ah the confusion in those posts was because we didn't know the right side has a fog/non-fog option until Jeremy showed us. The first post has been updated since, and it now contains everything we know.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CPI

So just for information purposes:

Order Details from cars245:
Order Date: July 19th
July 28th I emailed Cars245 because I didn't hear anything after the 7-10 day period and they sent an email right away saying it's being dispatched
Dispatched: July 28th
Arrived: August 2nd

Total Cost
Lights: $528 USD
Shipping: $53.18 USD
with conversion to CAD: $753.90
Duty: $44.43
GST: $36.40
Handling Fee: $9.95
Total CAD: $844.68
+ JBale's harness

And just another picture in the dark;)

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

vandelay300

Passed Driver's Ed
So just for information purposes:

Order Details from cars245:
Order Date: July 19th
July 28th I emailed Cars245 because I didn't hear anything after the 7-10 day period and they sent an email right away saying it's being dispatched
Dispatched: July 28th
Arrived: August 2nd

Total Cost
Lights: $528 USD
Shipping: $53.18 USD
with conversion to CAD: $753.90
Duty: $44.43
GST: $36.40
Handling Fee: $9.95
Total CAD: $844.68
+ JBale's harness

And just another picture in the dark;)

The wait is killing me. Can't wait to get mine in the mail.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Haha right? I have my tails and folding mirrors just sitting, just waiting for the harness so I can install everything at the same time

Why not do the mirrors now?

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Been watching this thread for a while now but figured that I would finally reply. Here are my LED tail lights in operation video. Camera died very quickly (crummy cheap replacement batteries) so it was cut short but I believe I captured almost all of the operations.

Before you ask, I am not using a harness but added in all of the extra wiring which matches the factory wiring. I did this with my last pre-facelift tail lights a few years ago and added three additional wires for the facelift tail lights to wire them as close as possible to factory.

Here is the video for my old pre-facelift lights: (not shown but all hatch lights turn off, including signals, when the hatch opens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkH_m6WHIE

And with the facelift tail lights. When I open the hatch, you will see that the inner signals turn off and the dynamic signals so the outers work like normal signals for safety. Not shown is that single sided parking lights are operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPMWEjGunA&t=2s

I have a request for any RoW cars with factory installed facelift tail lights: I am looking for an adaption map on the factory coding. I know that without a BCM upgrade, ill never get true factory operation but I would like to still see a copy.

Last edited:

Jersh1

I ordered mine on the 11th and purchased a harness from JBale as well. As of right now they're still preparing the order, but they should show up around the same time as the harness as long as everything goes smoothly.