GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Here's a pic.. there's not much to look at, they basically look like an oem wire harness.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Just got my harness from Jeremy. I'm really tempted to install the lights, even if 1 of them has a chip, but idk if that's a good idea. I'm expecting the replacement to come in about 1.5 - 2 weeks from now though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
To be honest, after install, swapping out the light will be a 5 minute job. But what happens to the chipped light?

Yeah that's a big reason why I want to do the install b/c I know I don't have anything to do tomorrow morning, and when the replacement comes in, it's a quick swap lol

As for the chipped light, Cars245 never said anything about me needing to send it back or anything, so I think I'll stow it away as an "extra" part or something.

I found some E6000 adhesive from my gf's crafts box, so I'm thinking of gluing the chip before installing too. I just hope it looks clean(er) than me leaving the chipped portion off.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I was impatient lol but it's definitely worth the work.

Big thanks to Jeremy for the harness and clear instructions!

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Anybody here doing this in the UK? I've only just swapped my halogen rears for r rears about 2 months ago but now I'm tempted

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BostonDriver

I was impatient lol but it's definitely worth the work.

Big thanks to Jeremy for the harness and clear instructions!

That looks great! I've been wanting these lights since the 7.5R pics were first released, but the press pics are nothing compared to these "real life" ones. This is on my short list of things to do when I get an extra $1000 freed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zvwggtip09

Passed Driver's Ed
Just found this thread...

I went and bought them from cars245 7/22 which is a weekend so it might as well be 7/24

Shipped 8/2. I was told 5-8 business days but, it arrived Stateside 8/5 and should be delivered 8/7 or 8/8.

Went with JBale's harness. Hopefully I get the harness this coming week.

I had the Mk7 tails (sold), and the Chinese "shooting star" reps (water damage on right outer).

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Mine got dispatched today!!!! Ordered last week. Less than 7 days to ship. Very happy!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys selling your Halogens after the swap? If so, what would you say is the best way to sell them?

If you are still under warranty I would suggest that you keep them around, two reasons.
1- you will not get much for them
2- if you ever have an electrical issue that needs warranty work, chances are that they can blame you non factory installed lights even if it is bull crap, I still have my front and rear lights just in case until my warranty runs out

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
If you are still under warranty I would suggest that you keep them around, two reasons.
1- you will not get much for them
2- if you ever have an electrical issue that needs warranty work, chances are that they can blame you non factory installed lights even if it is bull crap, I still have my front and rear lights just in case until my warranty runs out

Agreed, plus whenever you sell the car down the line you can put the halogens back on and sell the facelifts which I'd bet will be worth more in 5 years than halogens are right now.