GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not sure if anyone reached out. But the new lower-spec lights can be ordered for about $640 shipped. These are the ones I want. But, I can't see me spending $750-800 for tail lights (harness) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure if anyone reached out. But the new lower-spec lights can be ordered for about $640 shipped. These are the ones I want. But, I can't see me spending $750-800 for tail lights (harness) .

Did this in my cart earlier except with the dynamic its a bit more at $668.43 shipped, you still need the audiamant adapters ($265+ ship), and the generic dap/bec/ecs cable to use the orange blinkers ($100). Total is around $1055. I may order the setup and be the guinea pig for it.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Why would I need those adapters? Wouldn't this be similar to the Pre-FL LED? They don't have dynamic signals.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Got this pricing from cars245.com a few weeks ago. Didn't ask about shipping.

5G0945207G - $128 (left outer)
5G0945208G- $128 (right outer)
5G0945307P - $122 (left inner w fog)
5G0945307Q - $122 (left inner no fog)
5G0945308P - $122 (right inner)

Seems like different part numbers...

Vincenz

Ready to race!
There seem to be 2 types of new LEDs for the facelift taillights. crxgator's part numbers are for the low end ones. Yours seem to be for the ones with the sweeping dynamic turn signals.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Got this pricing from cars245.com a few weeks ago. Didn't ask about shipping.

5G0945207G - $128 (left outer)
5G0945208G- $128 (right outer)
5G0945307P - $122 (left inner w fog)
5G0945307Q - $122 (left inner no fog)
5G0945308P - $122 (right inner)

Seems like different part numbers...

I think your part numbers are for the higher spec version.

FYI ECS and DAP Tails are the same setup.

Like I said earlier, upgrading to these should be nothing more than coding and maybe rewiring the channels at the ends. IE no need to take the hatch apart again. I vouch for BEC harness.

I would totally be down to be a guinea pig as I know quite a bit about this, it's just that I literally just bought my car and put the LED Tails on...what a waste :/.

DV52 is great help on here, DMC on VWVortex is also very talented.

I think I am waiting more for some competition on those end adapters. 260 euro or whatever it was is astronomical.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
But we'd want the higher spec units, no? And they're cheaper. Well cars245 tends to be a bit cheaper than e-acca.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
But we'd want the higher spec units, no? And they're cheaper. Well cars245 tends to be a bit cheaper than e-acca.

I don't want the higher spec lights. I emailed cars245 to see what their prices were on the lower-spec units.

I figured also with the lower spec units I wouldn't need that expensive adapter that was needed for dynamic signals.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I have my lights manually wired to work with the non facelift led tails. I hope this doesn't make it harder for me to retrofit these new ones.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs