GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

comingabriel

Ready to race!
His is a NAR car rewired to ROW spec for tails. It's the best solution but once you wire it up you cant run the stock halogens again unless you remove all the wiring changes vs using one of the known harness adapters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is wrong. I wired my 15R ROW and put the stock lights back on, have instructions (coding) on vortex.

TMVR44

They essentially charged you $450 to throw a harness, shirt, and gummies in a box and ship to you..... My lights were $540 from cars245. [emoji50]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I know it's the same kit for more. I placed my initial order with cars245 myself (which was $638 with shipping, so not $450 less as someone here suggested).. Took 6 weeks and one arrived broken. I recognize the packaging material (even though I'm sure that blue foam comes from VW not cars245, so who cares). But I'm ok with paying the extra after I was told it would be another 4 weeks for me to get my replacement. I was fed up with the wait and usp said they had it in stock and ready to ship. Ordered Friday, got it Monday. The harness seems very well put together (I haven't seen some of the other ones out there to compare though). Install seems very easy and straight forward with the exception of removing the back cover. All in all, after all the trouble I'm happy with my choice. Cost more ($302 more, minus a $200 harness, really only about $100 more) but no hassle. And cars245 gave me a refund.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I know it's the same kit for more. I placed my initial order with cars245 myself (which was $638 with shipping, so not $450 less as someone here suggested).. Took 6 weeks and one arrived broken. I recognize the packaging material (even though I'm sure that blue foam comes from VW not cars245, so who cares). But I'm ok with paying the extra after I was told it would be another 4 weeks for me to get my replacement. I was fed up with the wait and usp said they had it in stock and ready to ship. Ordered Friday, got it Monday. The harness seems very well put together (I haven't seen some of the other ones out there to compare though). Install seems very easy and straight forward with the exception of removing the back cover. All in all, after all the trouble I'm happy with my choice. Cost more ($302 more, minus a $200 harness, really only about $100 more) but no hassle. And cars245 gave me a refund.
I'm legitimately curious about something. I recall you having a bulb error on the dash back in August when using the JBale harness, which we couldn't figure out here b/c the rest of us only ever see that in VCDS/OBDeleven. Did the problem end up being the tail light itself being broken? Or what else was wrong with the tail light you received from Cars245?

The reason why I'm curious is because that took place in August, and it's now October, which means the 4-week turnaround time that Cars245 quoted for you to receive a replacement ended up matching the time it took for US vendors to be able to sell the lights to you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
US spec real pictures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

so glad I went with the Euro specs. I really don't like looking at white colored (reverse light) bits in the tail lights, and the ones in these base tail lights are too obvious. The brake lights look okay, but they don't look special. They just look like every other car.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
They essentially charged you $450 to throw a harness, shirt, and gummies in a box and ship to you..... My lights were $540 from cars245. [emoji50]

That's what it seems like to me too lol

I understand why people would want to go with DAP/USP but with just the info in the first post and some patience you can save a good chunk of change....

I don't.

Even with the rare orders that arrived broken, cars245 hasn't failed to issue a refund. Its not a scam, its much cheaper, the chance of getting a broken one is low....I guess getting something a few weeks early is worth almost $300.

Don't know where you're getting your prices. Most if not all people who ordered from eacca had zero issues and got the lights + harness for almost $300 less than these "all in one" packages, which are just the lights with the harness thrown in the box lol you're still doing the same labor.

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Ecca sells the harness now??? Price???

FYI, DAPs has a single fog wire included (I have dual fog lights just sitting, and will sit until the price of these harnesses come down).

Not sure if USP has fog wire(s)....

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Ecca sells the harness now??? Price???

FYI, DAPs has a single fog wire included (I have dual fog lights just sitting, and will sit until the price of these harnesses come down).

Not sure if USP has fog wire(s)....

I think he just meant price of lights from e-acca plus price of harness, i doubt e-acca sells a harness haha.

Finally got these installed yesterday. Install took about 4-5 hours and then ran into a problem.. Apparently some wiring was backwards in the harness, but JBale responded very quickly to help me find a solution. Took 15 minutes to diagnose and a couple hours to get those stupid pins out.. I would not wish that task on my worst enemy haha.

PS. to anyone wondering you definitely do NOT have to remove the giant back panel. It was super easy to snake the wiring through and took 30 seconds (definitely the easiest part of the install). I'm glad i didn't.. The two square holes that open up give you more than enough space and the wire is secured on either end so i'm not worried at all about rattling. It was such a PITA getting the snake through those boot rubber things, having a second pair of hands helped but that was probably 1/3 of my time doing the install. Also spent about 20 minutes adjusting the levelling screws to get it lined up perfectly.

@rotaryguy your install video was like my bible. Thanks.

Comparison daytime shot (it really changes the look of the car from the rear):

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
PS. to anyone wondering you definitely do NOT have to remove the giant back panel. It was super easy to snake the wiring through and took 30 seconds (definitely the easiest part of the install). I'm glad i didn't.. The two square holes that open up give you more than enough space and the wire is secured on either end so i'm not worried at all about rattling. It was such a PITA getting the snake through those boot rubber things, having a second pair of hands helped but that was probably 1/3 of my time doing the install. Also spent about 20 minutes adjusting the levelling screws to get it lined up perfectly.

@rotaryguy your install video was like my bible. Thanks.

Congrats!

What did you use to snake through the:

1) Rubber boots
2) Side to Side across enclosed rear panel?

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Congrats!

What did you use to snake through the:

1) Rubber boots
2) Side to Side across enclosed rear panel?

Just one of these snakes they're very stiff, was perfect for the hatch lid but was a bit too rigid for the rubber boots, if i was doing it again i would get a second snake that's more flexible. The rubber parts were really the hardest for me, i was worried about tearing them.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0026TBOU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Just one of these snakes they're very stiff, was perfect for the hatch lid but was a bit too rigid for the rubber boots, if i was doing it again i would get a second snake that's more flexible. The rubber parts were really the hardest for me, i was worried about tearing them.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0026TBOU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ahh gotcha.

It's interesting to hear everyone's experiences with the rear panel & the rubber boots.

No thought about using rotaryguy's weed wacker line as a snake for the boots?

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Instead of weed wackier line I attached two 11" long zip ties together, trimmed the connection as best I could, then taped the wire ends near that connection. I used a combo of painters tape to cover the wire ends followed by electrical tape. Just did this as extra precaution to minimized adhesive on the wire ends. It was a little tight but was able to snake the wires through the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Instead of weed wackier line I attached two 11" long zip ties together, trimmed the connection as best I could, then taped the wire ends near that connection. I used a combo of painters tape to cover the wire ends followed by electrical tape. Just did this as extra precaution to minimized adhesive on the wire ends. It was a little tight but was able to snake the wires through the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I did. 2 long zip ties and tape to do all my wire routing for JBale's harness lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk