GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Factory wiring i assume ROW. Am I right?
Any VCDS changes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
His is a NAR car rewired to ROW spec for tails. It's the best solution but once you wire it up you cant run the stock halogens again unless you remove all the wiring changes vs using one of the known harness adapters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
His is a NAR car rewired to ROW spec for tails. It's the best solution but once you wire it up you cant run the stock halogens again unless you remove all the wiring changes vs using one of the known harness adapters.

This is what I want for my car. I am wired same way as Row. Do you know plug pins setup and coding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
https://youtu.be/FEnTD6n79Lg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised DAP still shows unclipping the rubber grommets with all the people who've messed theirs up doing that. From what I've read it's a major job to replace those... Much easier to just snake the cables through.

E-Acca order just got delivered today, can't wait to play with it this weekend :D Going to try snaking the cables without removing the big trim piece, worst case i'll just take it off if i can't get it done.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm surprised DAP still shows unclipping the rubber grommets with all the people who've messed theirs up doing that. From what I've read it's a major job to replace those... Much easier to just snake the cables through.

B/c they apparently made a vid on how to replace that rubber grommet, which means they're hoping people will need to buy a grommet from them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed

You are correct in the fact that I did wire it like a RoW car but I have since made little adapters for each tail light that allows me to run any current style tail light with just coding and unplugging the adapters.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I didnt remove the rear panel when i installed my mk7 r leds or when i upgraded to these 7.5 leds. I only removed the upper parts and fed the wire through the main hatch trim. It's very easy to do and no rattling whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Niiiice hopfully it's not pouring rain this weekend as i've received everything. I think that's what i'm going to do.

Unboxing and looking at the harness has made me a bit nervous haha, but i think once i lay it out it with the hatch open it (hopefully) will be less intimidating. At least i'm comfortable enough with the OBDEleven that the coding doesn't bother me.

Does anyone know if the battery dies does the coding reset? Or if my battery is unplugged for a length of time will i have to reenter these values? I asked JBale and he said the coding should stay but wasn't 100% sure.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
read everything
but still some users are not sure about the animated light with the adapter or just over the VCDS
I would like to install it instantly FL lights
Audiamant, or bks are your 2 options for adapters foe the lights. Literally all the info is plain as day on page 1.